And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 31

Haylie update - July 2

It’s been a few days since my last update. We are so grateful to be home. I think we all feel better just being home. Everyday she is getting stronger and feeling better. We still have a long way to go, but I have seen how far she has come since the first few days in the hospital. Thank you God for the progress she has made! We are still waiting for her spinal tap and bone marrow test results. Please pray everything comes back clear!

We are getting on a much more normal schedule now. Another praise! The second night home was rough on me. She was still completely awake at 2:30am. 😳. The doctors told me it was the steroids still in her system. I think she only got about 2 hours of sleep. I kept getting up to check on her throughout the night since she was running a slight fever and I was one tired mom in the morning. Last night she was in bed at 9:30 and slept all night. Hallelujah! That meant I also got some sleep.
Today was a big day for us. Haylie finally decided it was time to cut her hair. That has been a big obstacle for both of us. She doesn’t have much hair left, but it was still hard to part with. I’m so proud of her. I’m posting the video of me cutting her ponytail. After we cut it, she felt much better and we even went on our first outting outside of the house to see some of her friends who were working on a float for her that will be in the 4th of July parade. It really did our hearts good. She was so worried on how her friends would react to her hair. Those precious girls were so kind and came right up and gave her a hug. It reminded me of the verse “A friend loves at all times” Proverbs 17:17. I had to tell her that her friends don’t like her because of her hair or lack thereof, friends like you because of who you are. When Samuel was sent to find the next King of Israel, the Lord told him “Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7. I think this is also true with true friends.
#HealingForHaylie
Haylie haircut video

No comments:

Post a Comment