And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, July 9, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 35

Haylie update - July 9

So thankful! We just finished up our 5th day in a row of chemo to start phase 2. This chemo was a little stronger and it has been harder on her. We are fortunate that she has not been nauseous until now. I’m hoping it will pass soon. It is hard because she still craves food and is hungry, but it all really upsets her stomach.

I’m so thankful that she got the needle out of her port today too. I was told with it accessed it had to stay completely covered under the plastic patch. If it got exposed to air, it would have to be taken out and re-accessed. We also couldn’t get it wet in any way, so we couldn’t take showers. The sticky tape around it kept coming up and made me nervous. I know I will sleep better tonight with it out. She had done remarkably well with it but we had a hard night last night and she said she could feel the needle and couldn’t get comfortable. 

I rejoice that we have 2 days of no hospital and no chemo. We have to go back in on Thurs for another treatment but we will enjoy tomorrow and Wednesday. She is so excited because she has not been able to take a real bath since we entered the hospital. She said she can’t wait to take a bubble bath tonight.

After this, we will only have to go back to the day hospital once a week. Yay! I was told that her levels will start coming down again soon and we will be home bound for a while to avoid infection. Not looking forward to that because she is just starting to feel a little better, but it is part of the process to kill all the cancer cells.

Overall today has been a good day, other than valet losing my car keys for 25 mins. 🤦🏼‍♀️. I really like the day hospital. I learned that you should avoid having outpatient procedures done over the weekend. I’m always going to request the day hospital over weekend outpatient for sure. It was a bit of a circus on Saturday and especially Sunday with almost no help. No one was even at admitting to check us in and lots of mistakes were made. I’m learning to pay very close attention to everything they give her and do. Always double check and ask questions! I have learned so much in a short period of time, but still feel rather clueless in the whole process.

I’m thankful for such an amazing support system to help me through this. I am truly blessed and strengthened by all the prayers we are getting from so many people. There is so much power in prayer.

One more positive thing to pass on, I received an email from Carter blood care today and he thanked us for all the blood drives that have been given in Haylie’s honor. He said that this is the highest blood levels they have had in 6 years! Amazing. Thank you to everyone who has donated blood and helped save a life!

Love you all.
#HealingForHaylie

Watching minions while getting her chemo

Done...on our way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment