And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, July 19, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 39

Haylie Update - July 18

The last 2 days have been really good. Haylie has been stronger and able to walk by herself around the house. She slept all night long for the first time since we started this process. It was like the first time she slept through the night as a newborn. I certainly needed the sleep. She typically gets up 3 times every night so uninterrupted sleep was golden.

We even got out of the house and made a trip to Chick-fil-a. It was a big day for us! Tomorrow we head back to the hospital for another round of chemo and a spinal tap. Please pray all goes well.

We are starting to get back in a more normal routine. However, for some reason I haven’t been able to update our dry erase calendar. It’s totally crazy, but I feel like we never got to finish May and start June. In my mind, it feels like we never even started June. Haylie was admitted to the ER and diagnosed on May 31. That is when it feels like everything normal stopped and chaos began. It may feel like chaos but I know God is still in control and has ordered our steps. When things seem overwhelming, I have to turn to scripture and read the truths that have been spoken over us. Fear is a liar, and I must not listen to it. I’ve been trying to figure out why I couldn’t erase the calendar. I have been wondering, “what are you trying to teach me now God?” I finally realized I can’t change the past and I can’t go back. The only thing I can do is go forward. In life, we all get to choose how we move forward. We can sit angry and in disbelief and miss all that life has for us, or we can pick ourselves up and choose to not just live, but to live with a new and better appreciation of things. Yes, this is a tough season of our life, but I know when we come out on the other side, we will be stronger, wiser and better people because of it. I’m learning to slow down and give more hugs and be thankful.

God has a purpose and a plan for all of us. I was laying here thinking of how thankful I am for all our doctors and the care and knowledge that they bring to us each day. I’m sure the road wasn’t always easy for them. Sure, they are amazing doctors now, but they have put years of hard work, long exhausting hours and dedication in to get there. Now, they are making such a difference in my family’s life by their expertise. They are like rockstars. Actually far better than rock stars because they are saving lives, and saving one of the most precious to me, my daughter.

Don’t doubt your ability to make a difference. Each of us has the ability to make life better. I want to encourage you that whatever your journey is, keep going. There will be tough times, but I encourage you to stick it out. God never said the journey would be easy, but He did promise to never leave us or forsake us. You may not be saving cancer kids lives, but I guarantee you are making a difference in a big way to someone. It may seem insignificant to you, but I guarantee someone is better today because of you. Don’t give up and don’t loose heart. God has something special planned for you too.

I finally just erased my calendar and put up July. I thought for a second I had completely missed June, but I realize almost every day of June is documented with journaling and pictures. I didn’t miss it. It didn’t go on without me. It was very different than what I would have planned, but I’m thankful we don’t always get to plan our steps. If we did I’m sure we would always choose the easy way and miss the character growth that we need. God has so much more for us. And yes, sometimes the training is hard, but wow, the reward will be amazing and so worth it. I saw the quote “Sometimes God will put a Goliath in your life, for you to find the David within you.”

Stand in faith like David, even when the odds seem totally against you. David came against Goliath, not by his strength, but in the name of the Lord Almighty. He believed God’s word over the circumstances surrounding him, and he was victorious.

I’m hoping to find the David within me.
#HealingForHaylie




Finally getting out of the house!

Snuggles with Peanut

No comments:

Post a Comment