And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 43

Haylie update - July 27

Well, today has not gone as planned. I read the Bible verse of the day this morning and I took a screenshot because it was so encouraging. Little did I know how badly I would need to keep reading it throughout the day.

“But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.
2 Thessalonians 3:3


I picked Haylie up from camp. Yay!! So good to see her and give her a big hug. We headed straight to the hospital because she had to have a spinal tap done and then her chemo treatments. She had to fast since midnight so she was a bit hungry by 12:30. Spinal tap went well and we headed up to the day hospital for her chemo after she got out of recovery. I was not aware that the chemo she was getting today could cause reactions. This was her 3rd dose. The nurse said they always watch them on the 3rd and 4th doses because their bodies have built up antibodies to the medicine. Well...Haylie had a major reaction. The nurse told me it’s the worst she had ever seen and it happened faster than she had ever seen. Definitely not something you want to take first place in. 😩
 
Thankfully, they let me know about the possibility of it beforehand and I was slightly prepared. She was having trouble breathing, lips were swollen, had rash over her whole body, nauseous and was shaking uncontrollably. It was pretty scary. They ended up giving her an epi pen and 4 other rescue meds to get it under control. Needless to say, we are being admitted to the hospital and have to stay for 24 hours for observation.

Y’all, I have to tell you, I am wearing the same clothes I was wearing the day we went to the ER and were admitted the first time. I haven’t been able to wear them until today. I thought I would overcome my fear. Now I think I’ll just burn them when I get home. 😜.

We are back on the same floor we were before, so at least I know my way around. Michael is on his way and bringing me clothes and supplies. I keep quoting the verse and know God is faithful and He will strengthen us to get through this. I’m so thankful she is ok. It was really scary but she is ok now. Thank the Lord for his protection. Thank the Lord we were at the hospital and the nurse had everything to counterattack the reaction. I’m thankful for all the prayer warriors that were praying during the reaction. God is good. I’ll update again tomorrow. Thank you for your prayers.
#HealingForHaylie

Hugs getting off the bus!

Sweet girl!

Getting spinal tap

In Recovery

One of the doctors from camp.

Never wearing this again!!

She is a trooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment