And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, August 4, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 45

Haylie update - Aug 4

Not exactly how we planned on spending our weekend. 😕. Haylie came down with a fever so we are at the ER. It started out a little rough, when the ER nurse missed her port on the first try. Haylie was in a lot of pain and the nurse was telling me it was all good. The saline was draining out so she finally admitted she missed the port and took it out. 🤦🏽‍♀️. I requested someone who was familiar with ports to try the second attempt. They finally got the port accessed and drew blood for labs and started antibiotics. Unfortunately, her levels have dropped again, so we are being admitted back to the oncology floor until things level out. She will also be getting another blood transfusion, so hopefully that will make her feel much better. Her fever and chills are now gone, praise God. They don’t know what caused the fever, but I’m sure glad it is gone. This is our first fever since we were released, so I’m learning how to navigate a new road. Hopefully this will be the only time this happens. 

On a positive note, there was very little traffic at 2am. I’m certain, we will both need a nap tomorrow.
#HealingForHaylie

No comments:

Post a Comment