And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 47

Haylie update - August 7th

Today has not been near as adventurous as yesterday. She has been put on quarantine so we are not able to go outside her room until lab results clear us. ☹️. We did go to the playroom for the first session this morning and had fun making mosaics today.

Since then we have spent all day in her room. We will get lab results back in the morning and hopefully be cleared of any infections.

We are also hoping for a big jump in her ANC. Unfortunately, it went down from yesterday, so we will be staying in the hospital for a few more days. Her hemoglobin rose slightly, and her platelets really jumped up which is great. Last time we were in the hospital, her platelets always seemed to be the first thing to bounce back. I say that is a good sign and her other levels should be soon to follow.

I have learned a few things the last few days. 1) It’s always good to have a bag ready and packed at all times. 2) I need to teach my sweet husband how to pick out proper attire to bring me in the hospital. 😂. If anyone comes to visit, please don’t judge me if my clothes don’t match.

Please pray we get good results and get cleared in the morning. It’s hard being in the hospital for days at a time, but it has been really depressing to Haylie to be completely confined to her room. She really wanted to make it back to the playroom at least. Let me just tell you that our 1 hour of iPad a day limit was exceeded by about 8 hours today. 😬. Oh well. I’m so very thankful for my sweet friend Kate, who picked up Brennen and is allowing him to spend the night to play with his friend. Brennen has a bit too much energy to be confined to one room for hours on end.

Tomorrow is a new day. I know that God is still going before us in this battle. Everyday is a battle and we must arm ourselves with the full armor of God.

Be strong in the Lord and the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the devil’s schemes. Ephesians 6:10-11
#HealingForHaylie

No comments:

Post a Comment