And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 53

Haylie update - August 20

We had a week off of chemo to let her body recover and it was so good for all of us. It was amazing to see how much better and stronger her body got each day. By mid week, she was walking great and climbing the stairs. She even did a few push ups just to prove to me that she could. She went swimming on Thursday and we even made a trip to the lake so she could fish over the weekend. We finally made it back to church and got to eat out at her favorite restaurant, Olive Garden. It was so great to get out of the house again. But today has been the best day yet! We had to go back to the hospital for labs and to start her next round of chemo (that part was not fun) but this is the first time she walked in on her own and we didn’t even need a wheelchair. I am so excited to report that her ANC was at 1970!!! That far exceeded our expectations. When she left the hospital she was at 110. Doctors were hoping to get her above 750 in order to continue the next round of chemo. She surprised us all by coming in with such great numbers. Her platelets were at an incredible 346 and hemoglobin was at 10.9. I was thrilled!

Her doctor even said it would be ok for her to attend the middle school orientation today. We won’t make it back in time for the beginning of it, but we can stop by and see some friends at the end. I am so encouraged. I didn’t think attending was even possible, and now we got the ok (if she wears a mask). Great is your faithfulness God!!

#HealingForHaylie


 https://www.facebook.com/melissa.m.geraci/videos/10214210631754557/




No comments:

Post a Comment