And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Sunday, August 12, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 50

From yesterday:

Today is going to be a good day! We are still at the hospital but Haylie’s ANC finally increased a little. Yay!

We are sad we aren’t able to make it to the blood drive for Haylie in Trophy Club today. We wanted to say thank you to all the donors who are donating blood to help save a life. Michael and Brennen were able to stop by, but unfortunately Haylie and I can’t.

It’s been a week now in the hospital since I had to rush her into the ER with a fever. It’s seems crazy to have to go to the ER with a fever, but for a cancer patient on chemo, we have to watch fevers very carefully since she has no immune system. It has certainly changed our summer plans because we have to be able to get her to a major ER within an hour of a fever over 100.4. They have kept her here this whole time because her levels were so low. If her levels increase again in the morning there is a chance we might be able to go home tomorrow! Haylie and I are very excited about that news! We are especially praying her levels increase because if not, they will have to change her port access again and she really doesn’t want that to happen. The doctors have agreed to wait one more day before changing her port access so we really need to make a big jump tonight.

She is doing everything to get out of here. She asked me if I thought taking a nap would help her levels. I told her it would probably would help for her body to get more rest to recover faster so she asked me for some melatonin to make her sleep. She is bored but I think she hates the hospital food more than anything else. 😂. A nurse told me about a food delivery app, so I used it for lunch today, which made her very happy. I think this is the last time we order from there with the $12 delivery fee. 😬

Yesterday was a good day too. She learned how to play chords on the piano and has even learned a song. She has been singing the worship song she learned too and it just makes my heart happy to see her doing something new and worshiping at the same time. She also started reading the required summer reading book for school. I was just thrilled she did something besides being on the iPad or watching tv non stop.

We also gave our next door neighbor some toys and coloring books. She has been asking me to paint her nails, so I was able to do that yesterday in the playroom. Due to hospital policy, I’m not allowed to go in her room without her family’s permission. I understand the policy, but I’m not sure if she does, which makes it hard. Her grandmother has been visiting more this week so that is good. She is doing better and should get to go home soon also. Please keep her in your prayers also.
It was fun to see my cousin Johnna and her family last night. Haylie and I are just chilling today. Things are really slow in the hospital on the weekends which is great for us today. There are few interruptions, so we are hoping to get some rest. I’m hoping to post that we are on our way home soon. Thank you all the prayers.
#HealingForHaylie

Getting a music lesson

Cousins!

Non- hospital food!!

No comments:

Post a Comment