And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 46

Haylie Update- Aug 6th

We are still at the hospital...our doctor said she expects us to be here for at least a week because her levels are so low, but Haylie and I plan to amaze her with her comeback numbers and be out of here sooner. Yesterday’s numbers were not good...she was down to zero to be exact. We figure we can only go up from there. Today her numbers have improved a bit and her ANC is up to 40. Her hemoglobin and platelets also rose without another transfusion so I figure we are on the right track. 

I told Michael that I should post that we have checked back into our summer vacation home. 😜. They have room service and I’m quite sure we will be billed more for this room than at even a fancy 5 star hotel. I told Haylie she could order whatever she wanted from hospital room service. We are living it up.

Today she is feeling much better. We have been to the playroom 3 times. Brennen has spent the whole day playing xBox or the Wii and I’ve just let him. Anything to pass all.day.long in a hospital room. Haylie even built herself a blanket fort and has learned a few new wheelchair tricks. 😂.

We have gotten to know the little girl in the room next to us. Bless her heart. I’m not sure of her whole story, but she is here by herself. Sometimes her grandmother is able to come visit, but she is pretty much up here completely alone. The nurses have been so sweet and really take extra care of her. She has been hanging out with us in the playroom today. Often, we just need to look around to realize how blessed we really are. As you lift Haylie up, please add Kayla to your prayers too.

Tomorrow is a new day. We are expecting even better numbers tomorrow. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers on our long journey to beat leukemia. Love you all.
#HealingForHaylie






No comments:

Post a Comment