And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, August 10, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 49

Haylie Update- August 9

It’s been a good day. Haylie had more energy today and had fun making crafts in the playroom. I’m so thankful for Donna, who came and stayed with Haylie today so I could run home for a few hours and wash clothes and get resupplied for the next couple of days.

Haylie’s ANC is still at 10, which is a bummer. The doctors think it should start coming back up any day now. I was getting quite discouraged because being in the hospital does not fit into my plans for this weekend, but I realize God has a much bigger plan than I do and I have to trust him. I have to admit, I wasn’t even going to post today and as I was laying down on this hospital couch for the night I heard an awesome song on the radio. I had heard it a few weeks back and the chorus really stuck with me so I looked up the lyrics to Confidence by Sanctus Real. I think it was just what I needed to hear today. 

I’m not a warrior
I’m too afraid to lose
I feel unqualified for what you’re calling me to
But Lord with your strength
I’ve got no excuse
Cause broken people are exactly who you use

So give me faith like Daniel in the lion’s den
Give me hope like Moses in the wilderness
Give me a heart like David, Lord be my defense
So I can face my giants with confidence

I realize that Daniel, Moses and David had some HUGE obstacles to overcome and God was with them every step of the way. He was their confidence and He will be mine, too. Nothing we can ever come against is too big for God. If God can close the mouth of a lion for Daniel and part the Red Sea for Moses, I know He can get us through cancer.
#HealingForHaylie

She has decorated her IV pole with her crafts

Sweet hugs

One of our favorite nurses stopped by to see us.

No comments:

Post a Comment