And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

To Everything Turn, Turn, Turn

Praise the Lord! T made a huge turn for the better today!!! All of your prayers to our most powerful Savior are being answered. We left last night thinking he might not survive the night.

This morning, the neurologist came in and was noting no purposeful response on T's part and was about to order a spinal tap to check for meningitis. However, he noticed that T's neck had some resistance and range of motion that would help rule out meningitis. He then tapped a spot on T's foot and his eyes shot open and started looking around. He looked first in my direction and I knew I wasn't the first face he would want to see. So, I told him to turn his head toward B. When he saw B, you should have seen the awesome smile on his face. Then, he saw his wife, J, and was able to hold her hand.

The neuro told us that he could wax & wane throughout the day, but the goal was to keep him as alert as possible today so that he learns the difference between night and day. So, he gave us permission to pick on him all day. Then, they felt he was doing so well once he woke that they took the ventilator out this morning.

When we went back in to see him after lunch he was responding a bit more, but was very tired. However, the goal was to keep him awake during the day. So, I pulled out all my annoying ways and tried to keep him awake. Ben was ready to kick me out.

Then, his Gastro Surgeon came in and wants to keep moving stuff and so she ordered a few more meds to clear his lungs as best as possible. She is also a fan of us stimulating him as much as we can. She wants him to stay in the ICU for at least another day or so because he will get much more specialized care.

We aren't allowed to be in the room during shift change and so we went for a quick dinner. When we got back, he was even more responsive. He was telling us what he wanted. He even asked for his glasses.

Anyway, I've made this long, but wanted to let you all know that the Lord is hearing your prayers and petitions.

Prayers for tonight:
  • That he would continue to be able to cough up as much as possible to get rid of this pneumonia
  • That his nurse, E, will be able to be very responsive to him tonight, yet will allow him to rest.

Continual prayers:

  • Continued healing (today was such a great day to watch-as far as healing goes) for T.
  • Strength & health for all of us that are here.
  • Wisdom for the docs on what T needs & can handle.

I'm sure there is more, but it's very late and we need to get to sleep. So, I will end this with how grateful we are for your prayers as today was a huge improvement.

I'll try to send anothe update tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Praise God! This is such awesome, amazing news!! Thanks for the updates -- this is so exciting to watch God work! -SK

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome news! sounds like he's made a huge leap toward recovery! hallelujah! thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete