And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, May 5, 2008

Cinco de Mayo

Well, today is a tough day. It has been one year since we lost my amazing, beautiful Granny. Here we are, a year later, sitting in the hospital ICU, just as we were doing last year. So, it makes for a tough day. However, I want today to be remembered as the day that T made a huge turn for the better and really moved toward recovery.

We are still needing to fight pneumonia. That is one of the biggest issues right now. This morning, the night nurse told J, T's wife, that he was in acute renal failure. However, his Day nurse came in and she is a Rockstar. She said that when she got here and saw everything, she went in and had a talk with him. He has been doing very well ever since...Each time that we have had "talks" with him, we are seeing response.

The neurologist came in this morning and wants to run a few tests. He wants him extubated (take the breathing tube out) before they do them. However, if he still needs to be intubated tomorrow, he wants to go ahead and run all of the tests anyway. So, the prayer is that he can be weaned off of the ventilator today.

Another huge component of all of this is beating the pneumonia. He's got to kick it. The sooner that we can get him up and moving the better the chances of breaking up the pneumonia. I feel quite selfish today because I am sad that it's been a year without Granny and we're sitting back in the ICU. However, I need my focus to be on loving my hubby through this and encouraging him. So, prayers for today:

  • That I wouldn't be selfish with my sadness about not having Granny, but would be a source of support for my hubby. He was such wonderful support for me last year when we lost Granny.
  • That the pneumonia would really begin to break up and we can get a bunch out of his lungs today.
  • That T's kidneys will keep functioning and will process everything properly.
  • Obviously, it is a tense environment. So, prayer that we can all be supportive of each other and love on each other.
  • Wisdom for the doctors to make decisions as a team as to what is best for T.

God Bless You all for being such prayer warriors through all of this. If you are anywhere near my Mom today, please give her hugs. Today is a hard day for us and we need hugs. I wish I could be there hugging her, but need to be here for my hubby. So, anyone that can love on her for me, I will be eternally grateful! Thank you!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Just checked out your blog for the first time. I'm so glad you decided to blog again. I used to check your old one periodically. I like being able to keep up with you guys. You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben and Meredith,

    Just wanted you to know your Cornerstone family prayed for "T"'s recovery before service Sunday. I will continue to keep your family lifted up in prayer during these difficult days. May He carry you through this and show Himself mighty in the process!!

    Blessings
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete