And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Standing!!

What an exciting day we had here in Kentucky!! The pictures below will show you:


This is the first walk that T took! Praise the Lord!!

That is his nurse and his Dad standing with him!

This is once he sat back in bed, yet still had a smile on his face!!


We (well, I) picked on T a bunch today. B and his Mom weren't fans of me pestering him, but they gave me permission since the doctor did and since T could talk back and tell me if he wanted me to stop. We got to have some special brother/sister-in-law time together. Before we left for dinner, he asked us for his Bible and his computer. He wanted to show us pictures of his boys that he had on his computer. He was updating us at each picture, completely aware of all that happened, and telling us how much of the time that he spends with his boys reminds him of the special time he got to share with his Dad.

So, all in all, it was a great night! Our prayer for the evening:

  • Thank you, Lord, that we have been able to witness such improvement over the last two days. We expect him to stay in ICU for a little while longer (which we prefer because he gets much more specialized care).
  • That he will continue to cough up the phlegm in his lungs and get it out. He told us today he was never allowed to cough up loogies (is that how you spell that?) and so it was hard for him to do it today.
  • That he will leave the catheter alone. It is really starting to irritate him and he keeps pulling on it. We don't want him to accidentally pull it out. They want him to make it until tomorrow (Thursday) before they consider removing it.
  • That he will know how loved he is.
  • That his wife will heal quickly. She was diagnosed with strep today and won't be back until later this week/weekend.
  • That we will all have a renewed strength.

We are so grateful for all of your prayers and concern. For those that have been sweet to check in on me, as well. I'm still having quite a few seizures...ready for zero. I think today was somewhere close to 4-5. However, 0 is the ultimate goal.

Thank you all for your prayers and love.

2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear it and SEE it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such awesome progress -- we're praying for all of you guys!

    ReplyDelete