And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, May 12, 2008

Faithfulness

Well, for all of you precious prayer warriors, we are way overdue for an update. We have been absolutely amazed by your faithfulness in prayer and God's faithfulness in answering those prayers.

T seems to be doing better. We left late Friday night from the hospital and drove a couple hours to his house. B got to roll around on the floor for about two hours with T's two boys, 6 & 3. They got some good tickle time with Unlce B. With Daddy having an ostomy bag for the last nine months, they haven't had a chance to really roll around on the floor and have special time like that. So, it was very special to see the fun and hear all of the giggles.

We left Saturday morning and drove the 12 hrs back home and got in late that night. It was nice to see our sweet little pups. We had really missed them.

How can you not miss and love faces like this:
There were a lot of things we wanted to "fix" while we were there that only the Lord can do...then, we got to church Sunday morning in time to sing praise songs reminding us, "What can wash away our sins? What can make us whole again? Nothin' but the blood of Jesus." So, it was a great encouragement that only He can do all we wanted to...

It was very hard to leave, but B hasn't had a chance to do much work with all of my health issues/hospital stays and then spending over a week at the hospital with his brother. So, we had to get back. T's wife left Friday night with us and B's parents left the next day. Thus making a big prayer that T will still feel all of our love for him though he is in the hospital without family there.

I told B that I was so excited to marry someone with a sibling since I am an only child. However, with his brother living so far away, I've not really had a chance to get to know him. I feel like the Lord allowed me to truly gain a brother this last week. T and I got to have some special conversations while we were there. I truly count it as a blessing that the Lord provided for that time despite the circumstances.

Also, for all the Aggies out there reading this, the doctor that saved T's life when he coded on Thursday is an Aggie '03. T is Class of '96, I am '01, B is '02, and the doc is '03. So, we all had fun with that. What are the chances of four Aggies in Kentucky in one room together?

Prayers:

  • T's boys will know how much their Daddy loves them, even though they can't see him. They (especially the oldest) are very confused as to what is going on...not seeing Daddy for so long makes it hard for them to understand how much he loves and misses them. One of the first things T asked me when he "woke up" was about their boys. We printed a pic of the boys and hung it in his room. You should have seen the joy on his face.
  • T's body will quickly metabolize some of the medicine they gave him a while back that is causing him some confusion.
  • T will feel overwhelming love from his family, wife, boys, nurses, etc.
  • Blessings for T's family, as we have learned what a strain all of this medical stuff can place on any marriage, family, etc.
  • T will heal quickly from the surgery and the emotional strain this would place on anyone.
  • B because he wants to be there with his brother, but needs to be working.
  • B's visit to MD Anderson this week (follow up appt. to make sure the cancer is still gone).
  • That my seizures would decrease. I'm continuing to have quite a few despite all the meds they have me on...

Praises:

  • The healing that we have seen in T.
  • That we had the opportunity to love on T's boys.
  • Safe travel on our trip.
  • God's overwhelming Faithfulness through all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment