And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sweet Visit

First, here are some frightening pics of me. This time, I not only have the leads, but the lady said it's better to wrap the gauze around my head to protect my hair. So, I actually look like I did have surgery. We took these pics to send to our friends that were going to come by tomorrow with their kiddos. We didn't want the kids to be scared when they walked in...we thought this would help prepare them.



Right after I sent the e-mail to them with the pics and as we were starting to shut down for the night, we got a wonderful surprise. Our dear friends and their three sweet angels came walking through the door with a "Get Well" balloon, roses, sweet cards, pictures, and artwork they colored for me!! Wow! What an absolute joy!! Especially after the rough start to the day!! They didn't act scared either!

I got lots of sweet hugs from the little girls.



For those of you that know these friends of ours, you know that the Momma sang in our wedding. Each night they have Family Worship & Prayer time before they go to bed. Tonight, they had their worship time with us. When it was time to get started, Momma asked the youngest little girl what song she wanted to sing tonight. Her choice was Amazing Grace. Most of you also know that the last song I sang to Granny in the hospital before she passed away was Amazing Grace. So, it was a very emotional moment, but very special. Then, the oldest, chose to sing Jesus Loves Me. They were both such precious reminders that He does love us and He is here with us.

Here is a pic of the entire crew before they left.

No comments:

Post a Comment