And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, September 20, 2008

It's the weekend!!

Well, it's been a crazy week. I hit the big 100 mark for seizures for the month. I'm already at 106. I am so ready for these to be over. That leads us to this next week. Now that insurance has approved the stay (thank you, LORD), I will be admitted to the hospital in Houston on Wednesday. Mom is going to go with me this time. She wants to meet the docs and get a feel for them.

We are finding that the more I drink water, the more likely I seem to be to have them. We have yet to find a doc that will humor the idea, other than the 4th year Med Student that rounded on me last time. He went home, researched it, and came back with some ideas. However, none of the docs would go with the idea. One day last week, I tested the theory and didn't drink anything until about 2:20p. I didn't have any seizures that day until about an hour after I started drinking the water. I had very little water that day and didn't have any more seizures after that one. The first one the next day was much later in the night than they usually are...I woke up the next morning and started drinking water and had five that day. Anyone want to contribute theories?

I will camp out in the MEG machine Wednesday until I have a seizure. Then, I will go back to my room and prepare to be injected with radioactive stuff!! It's called an Ictal Spect. They have to inject me with the radioactive stuff within so many seconds of the seizure occurring and then get me down to the Spect. Twenty four hours later, they will do the scan again. It is basically creating a baseline. Then, they want to catch some seizures with me actually looking at the camera in the room. I typically turn to the left and hide my head because I become so sensitive to light and sound. They need to see what my eyes and face are doing, though. Hopefully, we will be done by Friday and get to come home.

We got to have a fun date night last night. We intended to go have a quick dinner and get back home because B has to do a lot of studying this weekend for a big test he has for work this next week. However, B was given tickets to the Rangers game vs. the Angels. One of the guys B works with gave us the tickets. We just thought they would be bleacher seats.


When we arrived, we found we were in a box and some of the other reps from B's company were there with their wives. So, we had a great time with everyone. Apparently, the girl that is part of the Kidd Kraddick in the morning show, Candice Lopez, was there in the box, too. She was singing the intro song for some of the people right before we left.



B played Little League ball with Mark Teixeira (who now plays for the Angels, but used to be a Ranger). Mark burned some serious bridges in Texas when he left. I think B and I were the only two people in the ballpark that weren't booing when he was up to bat. When Mark played for the Rangers he apparently got us some tickets to one of the games, but we didn't get to see him because he was on the DL.

So, we decided at the bottom of the eighth to go to the Angels Dugout and say hello. Let's just say, it appears that baseball fame has gotten to his head or he is flat scared of Rangers' fans. We were standing at the dugout yelling for him. However, he would not look up at all. B also left a message at his parents' house letting them know we were going, just incase they were able to speak with him before the game. While we were down by the dugout, we looked over and there was Nolan Ryan.



We got a few shots of Mark. Sad to see fame and fortune get to people!


When we got back to the truck, the car next to us had a dead battery and asked if they could borrow jumper cables. B was talking to the guy and he told B that one of his best friends from college, SJ, was from Rockwall. That his parents still live there. Turns out his friend's Mom is one of my Mom's best friends!! To make it even more random, I even drove SJ's car once in high school when my car was broken down. Such a small world.

Anyway, we got back very late last night, but had a fun date night. I'll sure miss my sweet hubby this next week while I'm gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment