And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, September 15, 2008

Hmmmm...

....where to begin?!?!

Praise the Lord my hubby is cancer FREE!!! I can't thank the Lord enough!! Wow!!

Please pray for all those struggling in Houston. Many of our friends are without power, have damage to their homes, etc. Pray for their peace and safety during this time.

Due to all that is going on in Houston, we don't know when I will be admitted back in to the hospital. I am so ready for this to be over, though. I have had over eighty seizures since September 1st. Thus, I'm exhausted and just want to get to the bottom of this. We are still calling Mayo each day to see if they have earlier appointments.

A dear friend of ours is a Pediatric Neurologist in Houston. We were able to speak to her the other day and she went and had a face to face conversation with my Epileptologist to make sure that we were on the right path and leaving no stone unturned. She is now in agreement that we are on the right path. On that note, we haven't made a final decision, but we are beginning to wonder if we should go to Mayo or if we should just keep this ball rolling in Houston.

First, Mayo will be very expensive (i.e., airfare, hotel for at least a week, food, etc.).
Second, if they say, "yep, you're doing what you're supposed to," we've only delayed getting this taken care of...
Third, insurance has made this tough enough and adding one more clinic wanting to do tests could complicate coverage for surgery, if that is what is needed.
Finally, my Neurologist has a friend that is on staff in the Neurology clinic at Mayo. He has already contacted her on our behalf. We are going to see if he would be willing to get them to review my records before I arrive. That way, if we are on the right path, we can avoid the trip and delaying necessary treatment.

So, lots of balls up in the air right now.

We covet your prayers! Thank you so much!!

1 comment:

  1. First of all, praise God for Ben's results!! What an awsome testiment to share with others that may go through that struggle.

    Secondly, I know things seem to be one thing after the other, but hold tight to the knowledge that God is doing this in this way, His way, for a reason. Hopefully at the end of this tunnel, you can be a light of knowledge and inspiration for others going through this, just like Ben can be.

    Always prayin.....

    ReplyDelete