And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Once again...

...off to H-town.

Mom and I leave today to head to Houston. I will check in to the hospital tomorrow morning and almost immediately go camp out in the MEG. My understanding is that I will be in there until I have a seizure.

Then, the goal is to have the radioactive isotope ready, have another seizure, get the injection, and have the scan. Then, 24 hours after that seizure, I repeat the scan (this creates a baseline). The other goal is for me to have some seizures in the room, looking directly at the camera. They have never seen my face and eyes during a seizure. Since I am so sensitive to light and sound, I typically roll over, bury my head, and cover my eyes. The last time we were there, they told us what they needed. So, B tried to hold me still for the camera and hold my eyes open. I apparently convulsed a bit. So, prayers that Mom can have her game on and be ready to hold me still and hold my eyes open.

Also, please pray for Mom because she is quite sick. We don't know what is going on, but she's been sick for about two weeks. She saw the doc yesterday and they've given her an antibiotic and some other meds. However, it will be a few weeks before any of the test results are back. So, prayers that she can get well quickly for this trip.

B has a very important test for work tomorrow (if he doesn't take it, he gets a $1000 fine) and then he has some continuing education that he has to do on Thursday. So, it's not possible for him to go on this trip. I'm going to miss my hubby so much. He takes such good care of me.

So, please pray for B to do so well on his test and for Mom to get better. Please also pray that she is able to sleep while at the hospital. She stays up late, with the TV on until all hours of the night. B & I like to sleep in a dark, quiet room. So, this will be a challenge for her (not to mention she'll be in a fold out chair).

Thank you all for being such amazing prayer warriors. I've been a bit weepy about this trip. I have some ideas as to why, but in the end, have no clue as to why. I'm just so ready for this to be over so that everyone can get on with their lives. I feel like I am holding B back, holding Mom back, holding everyone back from living their lives. Again, thank you so much for your prayers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment