And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Update from Connor's Mommy




Joy's Journal

Monday, August 17, 2009

joy journal MacKenzie and Carson started school this past week. I think it was good for them to get back to their school and their friends. For them, home is a much more difficult reminder of Connor's absence. School will be a welcome relief for them. It was a little harder for me and Tait. I was so relieved that the 3rd grade hall was not close to Carson's class this year. It was weird just going into just two classrooms to take pictures and give hugs to start the new school year. It felt like we were forgetting something. I guess this is just the beginning of new "firsts". We'd appreciate your prayers for this "new normal".

I heard this song on the radio the other day. It is a song called "Heaven is the Face", by Steven Curtis Chapman. He wrote it about his little girl who passed away several months ago in an accident. It struck home with me. I can so identify with him that Heaven is not just where Jesus lives anymore, but where my little boy lives, too. That's what Heaven is for me now.

"Heaven is the face of a little boy
With blue green eyes
That disappear when he smiles.
Heaven is the place
Where he calls my name
Says, "Daddy please come play with me for awhile."
Chorus:

God, I know, it's all of this and so much more,
But God, You know, that this is what I'm aching for.
God, you know, I just can't see beyond the door.
So right now...

Heaven is the sound of him breathing deep,
Lying on my chest, falling fast asleep while I sing.
And Heaven is the weight of him in my arms,
Being there to keep him safe from harm while he dreams

Bridge:

But in my mind's eye I can see a place
Where Your glory fills every empty space.
All the cancer is gone,
Every mouth is fed,
And there's no one left in the orphans' bed.
Every lonely heart finds their one true love,
And there's no more goodbye,
And no more not enough,
And there's no more enemy (no more).

Heaven is a sweet, maple syrup kiss
And a thousand other little things I miss with him gone.
Heaven is the place where he takes my hand
And leads me to You,
And we both run into Your arms.

Oh God, I know, it's so much more than I can dream.
It's far beyond anything I can conceive.
So God, You know, I'm trusting You until I see
Heaven in the face of my little boy."

Always believing,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment