And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, June 29, 2009

Connor Update

Saturday, June 27

I had a conversation with Dr. Rodriguez. I told him that it was so hard on Connor to be in Guatemala, away from his family and friends. I was also concerned about what we would do if we needed other medical care there. After a short conversation, he offered to make his medicine in pill form so we could take it home with us and Connor could finish the treatment here. He has done this in a few other cases. What a blessing. What a wonderful gift from God. We picked up the pills Tuesday and flew home on Wednesday. It is so good to be home and we are getting used to being home around all the other kids. Solitude has been replaced with sweet chaos.

Connor is so happy to be home. We had his friend, Mollie Claire, over for dinner Wednesday night with her family. He's had his friend, Sayers, over to play video games and we're going to play wii at his house tonight. He also got to see the Transformer movie. We have some fun lined up for him this week at home. I can tell his spirits are lifted. The only problem is that he gets bored. His body limits him from doing the fun activities his mind wants to do.

Please continue your prayers...
1. tumor shrinkage
2. swelling to reduce
(He has started getting rid of the water by sweating it out. Will it reduce the swelling or is it just the body's way of getting rid of water when it cannot hold anymore in. I'm praying that it will start reducing the swelling.)
3. breathing to get better
4. back pain to get better
5. appetite to get better - it's holding steady

I love this devotional from Frances J. Roberts

My Healing Power

O My child, take My hand and I will lead you out of the valley. Darkness and shadows are behind you, but light and sunshine are ahead; for I shall bring you into new life and give health as you have never had it before. I will give vigor and radiant joy. Did I not promise to give "abundant life"? You shall forget the days of illness in the joy of victory; for I not only give you a wonderful victory but I, your Lord and Saviour, shall Myself become your victory. I have defeated already the foe that wars against you, and My personal experience of triumph I share with you, and we shall rejoice together, for you are My favored child.

Be not afraid with any fear. My love surrounds you, and My power preserves and protects you. Lean on Me and trust Me wholly. You will find Me strong and faithful, and wil be lifted into My arms of unfathomable peace.

I will give you the strength to witness to others of My healing power. You shall be a messenger of hope to those who despair, and you shall bear a word of faith to those who doubt. Your life shall be in My hand, for I have delivered you from destruction and have bound you to My heart in a covenenat of holy love. My Spirit shall be upon you, and My blessing go with you wherever you go.

You shall know joy such as the world can never give. There is a rest and a joy which I have reserved for those who listen to My voice and follow in obedience. My way is not difficult; it is blessed. It will not be lonely, for I will be wonderfully near. It is a life of joy, and this joy shall truly be your source of energy, your strength and your health."

This is my prayer.
Joy Cruse

No comments:

Post a Comment