And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, November 8, 2010

Exciting News from Nate's Mommy

This is from last night.  Sorry I'm posting it late.

"Today is a GREAT day for our family. Nate is being released from the hospital. We will go to the Ronald McDonald House and he will be back for doctor's appointments this week and hopefully he will be released to make the trip home next weekend. He is doing remarkable and is so excited to leave. I went to pick up his home meds yesterday from the pharmacy and as I picked up all 16! I was reminded that he is still in the early stages after transplant. His new immune system is still forming and he will be under strict precautions for many months. These meds are to help protect him from infection until his system is fully working. We are so thankful to be taking our little guy home. What an amazing and tough journey this has been. It has been the prayers of so many that have carried us when we didn't have the strength to pray for ourselves or didn't know what to pray. Today we rejoice with you all and look forward to sending an update that says we are headed to Texas very soon!
Please continue praying for the kids who are still here! This hospital and hospitals across the country are full of sick kids. The families we know who have kids in Heaven are never far from our hearts and minds. If you have healthy children remember it is a gift not a guarantee. Cherish every day, and love those babies! Love, Jackie"

No comments:

Post a Comment