And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Sunday, November 1, 2009

My cousin

Please be in prayer for my cousin, S! I am late in posting all of this, as it occurred in September, but please begin fervently praying for them.

Here is the info, as provided by my aunt two weeks ago:

She began to have trouble with what she thought was a kidney infection or a UTI. The doctor she went to gave her some antibiotic and ordered a Cat Scan as she was urinating some blood. The Cat Scan came back that she had a cyst on her kidney, cysts on one of her ovaries and 10 kidney stones. Doctor referred her to a urologist. However, she did not go to one and she took the antibiotic, but steadily got worse. Their health insurance wasn't in place, so she was holding out for their health insurance to come into affect on October 1, but she was a week shy of that when she drove herself to the ER because she was weak as a kitten from losing so much blood. She was transferred to Scott & White where she was eventually diagnosed with Goodpasture's Disease. Doctor said the Goodpasture's Disease could have started from a virus or an infection or from inhaling hydracarbons that are found in pesticides, etc.
She is doing pretty good at home. I called this afternoon to check on them and her oldest son answered the phone. I asked him if he was helping take care of mom and he said "we all are nanny". She was resting (which S, her husband, says she does a lot of as she is so very weak from being in the hospital for a month). He says she naps a lot. She is on a very strict diet and is taking the chemotherapy pill (3 each day) mega doses of Prednizone, Iron, Insulin (evidently this disease has created a problem with her blood sugar) and I don't know what else.
She had her first outpatient dialysis yesterday and He said that went okay. He says that she is feeling pretty good. She has a long road ahead of her as the doctor said it could take 6 months to two years to heal this disease. She can't even get on a list for a kidney until she is in remission.

As well, they have three young kiddos and my cousin has had to quit his job because he was on the road all the time. So, he's had to find a new job. Please lift them up...

No comments:

Post a Comment