And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, November 19, 2009

From Connor's Mommy

What an encouraging word from Connor's Mommy:

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I've learned that it's less important to pray for how we want the journey to end than it is to pray that we would "journey well." A friend of mine who is battling cancer said, "You can pray for healing for me if you feel led to, but my prayer for myself is that wherever God directs my journey, that I would journey well". To me, that says it all. If we are praying this way, then we are truly lined up with God's will.

I know that when we are faced with a scary prognosis, an unsure future or huge burden, we often times pray for God to remove the trial from our lives. We want him to fix the situation; remove the thorn from our side. How many times did I pray that for Connor? Instead of praying this way, maybe we should pray for God's grace to carry us through whatever lies ahead and that God would redeem the situation.

I know this is easier said than done. I was the first one down on my knees praying for Connor's healing. I don't think that God wants us to quit asking for the desires of our hearts, but He does want us to surrender to "His will be done."

So, as for me, when I pray for myself or others facing trials, I pray that we would journey well. God, carry me through this dark valley in such a way that would glorify you and redeem this situation.

"Out of much tribulation I bring forth a people for the GLORY of My Name. I am shaping you in the furnace of affliction that I may set My seal upon you and display in you My own identity. I desire that you be one with Me in all I have purposed, and as I move in the earth today to REDEEM the lost and deliver the captives, you are moving with Me whenever your soul and spirit are yielded to Me as an open channel of prayer in the Spirit." Frances J. Roberts

"Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever."
I Corinthians 9: 24, 25

Always Believing,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment