And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, November 30, 2009

More Prayers for My Cousin

Remember at the beginning of the month when I posted about my cousin's health?

Well, she is back in the hospital. Here is the update from my aunt (her husband's Mom):

Update on S- she is back in the hospital with an infection at her port site. She is running 101 fever and the doctor has decided to take the port out for two days, give her mega doses of antibiotic, and then put a temporary one back in. They are talking about putting a fistula in her arm, which is made by joining an artery to a vein which would increase the blood flow and will be easier to insert the large needles for her dialysis treatments, or make a graft in her arm which is man made (a tube will be inserted to connect an artery to a vein for the dialysis). The fistula could take up to 6 months to mature enough to be used for dialysis, but the graft will only take about a month to heal and be ready.


They are doing blood cultures every few hours, and also lung x-rays or scans to make sure her lungs have not been compromised by the disease. All of this is, of course, to monitor the progression of the disease.

Praise report! Her husband, S, found a local job and is home every evening to prepare dinner for her and the kids. We are praising God for that answered prayer. Her disability is in affect and she has already received her first check and will get one the 3rd of every month from now on.

This is where she stands right now. Dr. says she will be there at least a week. Her spirits are pretty good though and she says she is very grateful to be doing as well as she is and always tells me to thank everyone for their prayers.

So, keep it up prayer warriors! You are making a difference since my cousin (her hubby) was able to find a job close to home! Now, let's pray for healing and wisdom for the docs in the next steps they take...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Lord for answered prayers, and for future answers as well!

    ReplyDelete