And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, May 29, 2009

Praises to the Lord for Connor!!!

I wanted to update everyone on our progress with the new treatment and new doctor. The treatment is immunotherapy and he takes it orally and by feeding tube.

We are receiving daily confirmations that this is where we are supposed to be. First of all, everything is going smoothly (except for Tait having to do the laundry at home!).

The first day we arrived we met several of the patients. When we went in to meet the doctor, all the patients in the waiting room stood in a circle and prayed for Connor. The doctor is praying for Connor. What a place of faith. It is exactly where we need to be.

How refreshing compared to words of imminent disaster that I normally hear from doctors. The doctor is not making big promises. He just says to pray that God will make this work. I told him we are and thousands of others are, too.

The second day, a woman got the great news that she was now free of breast cancer. As she made her announcement, the patients gathered around her and bowed their heads - giving thanks to the One who deserves the credit for healing her.

We felt like God was letting us be witness to a miracle. I cried along with the rest of the room, though I didn't even know her. That experience was another confirmation.

After Connor finished his first treatment on Tuesday, he walked out of the doctor's office into the waiting room to the noise of applause and cheers. All the patients were cheering for him (and they do it everyday now). What beautiful noise to my ears, though Connor isn't sure if he likes it.

After Connor's first dose, we noticed small changes. Lately, he has been moaning and very restless in his sleep. He normally can't get comfortable for very long. So the first thing we noticed was that he slept peacefully. The last two nights, we have all slept so well. Connor has not been eating either. We force him to eat a few bites at night. Today he wanted lunch and he said he was hungry after we left the doctor's office. Lately, he's wanted to lay around and sleep most of the day.

He's also been more alert each day. He's awake most of the day now and he's reading, playing his Nintendo DS and watching movies. All are improvements, so we are thanking God for any little thing.

Thanks for all your prayers. We feel the presence of God here strongly, so we know He is answering your prayers. Please pray that Connor will be much more comfortable before we fly home next Friday.

"I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.". Psalm 16:8.

Always believing,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment