And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Starting with Christmas Eve....

We went to the Christmas Eve service that our church was having with New Caldonia. This is the church that we mentioned a few weeks ago that our church has begun a partnership with in the community. We had two joint services and learned about God's presence, rather than presents. Our old neighbors, the R family, joined us for the service, too. We had fun!! I think we are seeing more and more that certain sounds do trigger seizures. We usually sit in the very back of church, but that wasn't much of an option Christmas Eve. So, we were right next to the drums, tamborine, and organ. Therefore, I had a seizure during the service...It was definitely a special evening, though.



I didn't get any pics, but we went to my cousin's house for Christmas Eve. We then spent the night at Mom's house. Santa found us there. I had quite a few seizures Christmas Eve & Day. So, I was quite exhausted.


Hank & Rudder both got Aggie footballs from their Gamma. They hold on to their footballs a bit better than the Ags did this year, though!!

Rudder was scared of the sounds of all of the paper being torn and hid most of the time. This was his one venture in to the room to see what we were doing...


Hank, on the other hand, laid on the couch and watched everything we did throughout the day.


Once everyone left Mom's house, we went over to see Congressman Hall. This is his first Christmas without his precious wife of over sixty years. So, we got to spend some special time with him, just hangin' on his couch. B loves history and so B & Cgsmn Hall got to talk about WWII. They had some very special conversation time. I was incredibly lost, but so proud of my hubby. It was neat just listening to them talk about the different planes, aircraft carriers, battles, and even decisions that each president has had to make in war times.



I look frightening in this picture because I had just had two seizures in a row, about five minutes a part...

The last couple of days, I've had fewer, but we've also not done very much. We have slept in each day. When I get up and start moving around, I tend to have more...so, the relaxed schedule is helpful. Thanks for all your prayers!

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas with lots of family and friends around. I got your newsletter a couple of days ago and was fun to read! Have a great New Year!
    Kristiana

    ReplyDelete