And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Sorry!

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to send out an update. We'll start with the praise and the reason it has taken me so long. The injection was quite helpful!! I went five days without any seizures as I define them. I still had some auras (the docs call these seizures), but I can keep moving through those. It's the full blown "episodes" as we've always called them that stop me. So, because I felt so well, I was able to get a bunch done. Mom took me to run some errands, get some Christmas gifts, etc. Thus, the computer wasn't sitting in front of me all day and so no updates for a week. For all you precious prayer warriors, I'm sorry that I wasn't quick to give updates and praise reports!

Then, Monday hit...I had four seizures on Monday and started feeling yucky again. Then, Tuesday...worse. After I went so long without seizures after the surgery, I've started shaking during some of the seizures. This has never really been much of an issue, but has become one since the surgery. So, now I am shaking during some of them and they are lasting a bit longer.

I did get spoiled to the five days with no seizures. We are praying that after Christmas, we can get the doc to agree to let me do the injections again since it really did seem to make an impact. Pray for his willingness or his wisdom on why it would make such a difference, thus, giving us permanent treatment options.

So, I had four on Monday and eight yesterday. I went to work with B yesterday (up to his office, not to meet clients) and had one while in a meeting with their accounting/financial/commission statement guru (so it's clear that I don't know her exact title, but she's good at what she does!!). Anyway, I don't remember any part of the meeting. B said it was almost like I had two in a row because of the way I acted and how long it lasted. It annoys me to not remember important meetings like that because she sacrificed time out of her day to help me and then I have these silly seizures that just erase any recollection of what was going on prior to the seizure. It's so frustrating.

I have already had four this morning and it's not quite 10am. I had quite a few in my sleep last night. One of them was over four minutes long. Those are the scary ones and the ones that make me feel extra sick.

Obviously, I love the idea of miraculous healing and would love for that to happen and am quite open to it. I am also open to the docs coming up with a treatment plan that works. So, please be in prayer with us. It would be nice to have a seizure-free Christmas.

Merry Christmas Eve and have a wonderful Christmas reflecting on the miracle of a tiny baby coming to save you from all your sins!! Wow!! How cool is Jesus?!!!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! I hope you both have a wonderful day together and with family. What may seem impossible..is possible with Christ. Have Faith, you're due for a miracle or two.

    Love you both,
    Kristiana

    ReplyDelete