And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Babysitter

Many things have happened over the last few days. B was out of town Wednesday night. He had some appts in Houston for work. So, Mom came to babysit...had to make sure I was safe. They won't really leave me alone much anymore. They consider it pretty unsafe for me to cook, clean, shower, etc., by myself since the seizures have intensified. That's why our church has continued the meal calendar. The docs have always told me not to do those things alone, but I did anyway.

However, since the seizures have started back up, they have been more intense. Therefore, the danger level is much greater, in case I am not able to turn off the oven, stove, etc. So, we're trying to honor their requests this time.

I did go all day Tuesday and Wednesday without any seizures which always feels great. My energy level really starts to increase and I start to feel like I can do things around the house. We went to the doc on Wednesday to find out about the IV. They said that they called the insurance company and they called the treatment experimental and wouldn't approve it. So, Mom called insurance company and they said the meds were just called in under the wrong code and if it is called in correctly, it should be approved. We spoke with the docs office and the lady that handles insurance should be back on Monday and will hopefully handle it then. We hope it gets approved quickly and can get ordered in time because the doc said he wants to do it on Wednesday. If we can't do it this week, we might have trouble getting it done the following week due to Christmas. So, let's pray the details get worked out appropriately.

Mom had won dinner for two at the local Hilton. So, she "made" my dinner Wednesday night.

Us, in front of the Hilton Christmas Tree.


Us, in front of the fun water wall.


You can see that my hair is getting a bit longer.


When we woke up on Thursday, she helped me finish the small Christmas tree that I had put up the other night. When Mom was pregnant with me, she started collecting Wallace-Silversmith Sterling Silver Ball Bells each year at Christmas. This has made a beautiful tree, now that there are (uh-um) 30+ beautiful silver bells on the tree. However, since we put up the tiny tree and each ornament has to be polished, is heavy, etc., they stayed in the box this year. So, this year's tree is kind of a Southern version of a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree. It's all of our random ornaments, nativity scenes, etc. We got a tree up, though!! Thanks, Mom!



The seizures started back up on Thursday. B and I had a date night on Friday. We got to meet a special couple while at dinner. This sweet lady walked up to me and asked if I was the daughter of D (my Mom)! Yes, I am!! A women's philanthropic group that Mom used to be President of has been praying for us through all of this. She is one of the precious prayer warriors! It turned out to be one of those super small world situations. Her best friend and I actually used to work together at a clothing boutique when I was in high school. Then, we found out that her husband and one of the pastor's that married us were college roommates, etc., etc. There were many fun connections that we kept making and could have continued making, but their food was getting cold!! We are so grateful for their prayerful hearts and for all of you that are continuing to pray.

Today was a rough day as I had quite a few seizures (I think the count is at eight right now). So, we just relaxed around the house. However, just when I think my life is bad, all I have to do is look at my puppies and realize that it could be worse...


Ha ha!! You think they could be more spoiled?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you continue to be an inspiration to me and remind me to stay grateful and humble, even I get discouraged with life. I'm so sorry to hear that the seizures have increased in intensity..not fun at all. I wish I were closer to be able to cook some meals for you.. and help out. Any news on considering going to Mayo again, or is the opporunity missed?

    Love you both,
    kristiana

    ReplyDelete