And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, December 6, 2008

'tis the Season

Friday started out rough. I had four seizures before 10am. So, I was quite exhausted. If not for my hubby, I would not have even had breakfast. The idea of getting out of bed, made me sick to my stomach. Thus, it was a blessing that he was able to do a little bit of work from the house and bring breakfast to me.

Once he left, I took a shower and that took most of my energy. I had to lay on the bed for another thirty minutes or so to get the energy to walk out front to get the mail. Once I got the mail and started to walk back toward the front door a beautiful Golden Retriever came running toward Hank, Rudder, & me. I realized I couldn't get all three dogs to sit nicely in the front yard while I went inside to get a phone. One of the neighbors, two doors down, was getting her mail, I started calling out to her to see if she would bring a phone. That triggered a seizure. So, here I am, super wet hair from the shower, very cold outside, surrounded by three dogs (all sniffing each others' rear ends-you know that's what they do) and I've got to find a place to sit quickly, and neighbor never heard me call for her.

My sweet Hank actually came up on the porch and put his head on my shoulder like he was protecting me. The Golden Retriever came up to me and Hank wasn't going to let anyone near his Momma. It was the sweetest, though very painful experience, as Hank started growling at and then attacking the Golden for coming near his Momma during her seizure.

Now, you might need to close your eyes to have as much "fun" as I was. I am so sensitive to sound with the seizures. Since the surgery, the sound sensitivity is even more intense. So, I'm laying on the porch, having a seizure, Hank is now growling at & attacking the Golden, Rudder is in a corner scared, and I'm trying to get the dogs to at least stop making noises because it hurts so much. I can't speak during the seizures. So, I'm trying to clap to get their attention, but I don't have much muscle control, so that is difficult and the sound hurts. I try tapping the ground, they can't hear that. Anyway, Tom Bergerron (sp?) would be paying us big if we had caught it on tape.

Once the seizure was over, I decided all dogs were going to the backyard (the only way I could create a controlled environment). So, I opened the front door and they all ran straight to the back door. Praise the Lord!!

This is a pic of Dakota, the Golden, who lives just a street behind us, but had been missing all night. Poor little guy.

Doesn't he look like a sweetie?!

Hank was quite upset when I made Rudder and him come back inside the house.

Then, Mom stopped by to bring over a few tops for me to look at since B's work Christmas party was last night. She and I tried to go look for some stuff on Thursday, but it was one seizure after the other and way too loud in each store. Once she arrived, her grandpuppies put on their best, our life is so awful routine:



Don't you feel sorry for them?

Finally, we made it to B's Christmas party. I thought I would do fine as long as I could sit most of the time. The minute we walked in the door, there was a piano playing and everyone greeting each other...sensory overload!!! B almost turned me around and put me back in the car because he could see how painful it was for me. I about rolled up in a ball in my jacket and hit the floor. However, he deserves a night out with his friends. Poor guy has been stuck by my side in the hospital for too long.

We made it to a couch, but it was still super loud. One of the precious ladies at B's office that is always checkin' on me and prayin' for me came to find me and said she had found a room that was even quieter. On our way to that room, I had a seizure. However, once we made it to the said room, she was right, it was much more quiet. I think it was literally the furthest corner in the house. I just kind of hid there most of the night. I felt rude not getting to see most of the people there. However, each time I got up and moved toward the noise, it seemed to trigger a seizure. So, that room became my safe place.

My head is also very tender from all the incisions. So, giving and receiving hugs is still tough. I'm trying to learn how to give a good hug without letting my head touch people and me yelping in their ears. It just seems tacky. Each outing is a learning experience. We didn't get many pictures this time out because I was having so many seizures and just felt yucky, but we got this as we were leaving their house. We put on our best, it's not way past our bedtime and we haven't had a ton of seizures today, smiles...how did we do? I think we look quite delirious.



2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you don't think so, but I think you look beautiful even without hair! I just can't get over it! Love you so much - still praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is growing out so fast.. and now we can all see you reallly are a natural blonde! ha ha, you both look great and nice to see you are still doing your best to get out! love you both.

    Kristiana

    ReplyDelete