And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Insurance and Hats!!

The intention of tonight's blog was to update everyone on the insurance stuff and the injection. However, there is some fun at the end!! Basically, I have spent the last three days on the phone with the doctor's office, insurance, manufacturer, etc. Turns out the injection isn't covered through my prescription plan or through my medical insurance, but it is covered through my medical insurance specialty pharmacy.

Come to find out, a quick call from my doc's office to the insurance company would have given us that answer, but instead we went about it the long way searched for reimbursement codes instead. Since the doc's office would not order the med for me unless I paid them a huge chunk of money up front I just ordered it directly from the pharmacy and paid for it out of pocket (still very expensive, but less than what the doc was charging). Now, my insurance says they can not reimburse me for it since I purchased it from another pharmacy and not theirs. So, the lady I've been speaking with at my insurance company has been wonderful and is going to do all she can to help me get it reimbursed, though she says it is highly unlikely.

If we see results from this and the Epileptologists chooses to do this treatment regimen again, we know the right and wrong way to go about this....

My first dose will be at 8am Thursday morning and then another at 4pm.

I called the nurses in Houston to make sure we were getting the meds dosed correctly since this is the first time my doc's office has administered this. They recommend that they are only given with a pump, but my docs office doesn't have a pump. The nurses in Houston were nervous for me when I told them. So, please say a special prayer that the meds are administered properly. The NP at my docs office is an answer to prayer and a true blessing in our lives. She actually helped take care of Granny in her last days on earth and will be there in the morning and plans to make sure the nurses know how to administer the IV.

On to more fun topics. Two of my sweet friends and bridesmaids came out tonight for some hang time.


On our way out the door: M, Me, & F...

I just thought we were going for some coffee and they started pulling out presents. I felt terrible since I can't get out to really shop for anyone this year and didn't have gifts for them. They said it wasn't a gift exchange, but a party just for me...this, of course, brought me to tears. They said a bunch of friends had come together and decided to have a hat and scarf party for me. There was even a gift from a friend of ours that lives in Las Vegas.


This was one of their favs and Mom's fav.
The bow was from S's pkg & you'll see makes an
appearance in each pic. It was the hit of the night!


We still have to figure out how to make the Beret
look right on my head...these guys were sitting
at the couch next to us and really wanted to be
in the picture.


Me & M, she was my maid of honor and we lived
together for quite a few years in Aggieland.
The purple matches my new retainers...yes,
my ortho made me purple sparkly retainers
(that's what happens when you've gone to school
with your ortho since Kindergarten)!!

Me & F, she was one of my bridesmaids. We led
Bible Studies together in Aggie Sisters for Christ
and worked with the Youth at First Baptist Bryan
most of our time in Aggieland.


Here are the three of us doing a quick hat and scarf fashion show before we left Starbucks....

Now we need some cold weather so that I can wear my new hats and scarves!! So sweet and so fun!! This was such a special night and special treat. Thanks, ladies!!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite is the black and white hat, then the white beret and the animal print hat! So much fun,
    K

    ReplyDelete