And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Let's play catch up...

We are rewinding a bit on the posts here and then catching up to today.
**************
Before we left for Philly, our church had a picnic with another local church called New Caldonia. They are an all black church and liked the idea of hangin' out with some white folk!! The fun part is that our church and many of the families in our church are new to the area, but I've grown up with many of the families at New Caldonia. So, it was special to get to introduce many of our new friends to many of my old friends.

This is me getting more cuddles from Miss H at the picnic.

By the way, the sweater I am wearing is the guilty one. That's the sweater we are blaming for the rash.

This is Mrs. A. I grew up with her son and love her like a Momma. She is so precious! I kept looking for her and asking for her and no one had seen her. Then, out came B from inside the church (he was learning all about the history of it-he so loves history!!) with Mrs. A!!!

She had been at work all morning. Her son was out with some friends and so we didn't get to see him, but his wife and little boy were back at the house. So, she sent for them and we got to cuddle on them. This is his wife, S, and his son, A!!! I want to pinch those cheeks all day long. Such a cutie.


*********************
Then, we went to Philly. We had a few days of rest before B's brother and kiddos arrived. Here they are attacking their Mimi as soon as they got in the front door.


Then, it was on to Lego's.

After Lego time, it was train time.

The whole family came down to watch that. This is Nana, snuggled up to watch the fun with the trains.

Then, tickle Daddy time. You can see why I mention that the rest ended....



The day after Thanksgiving, most of the boys went to a train museum. Hubby stayed with me and Nana & Mimi. We all went to a couple of outlet stores and went into a few shops.

The next day we all went to the Franklin Institute to see The Chronicles of Narnia exhibit. Wow! So cool! This was also supposed to be picture day. However, the boys got their faces painted right before the picture. So, spiderman and a skeleton snuck into our picture somehow.

While in Philly, I started to have a bunch more seizures. I'm at eight for the day today. It has been frustrating, but we are still looking to the Lord to see how He is going to be the Hero in this story!! We definitely covet your prayers as it was such a relief to go so many days without seizures. I was getting quite spoiled by feeling so well.

*************
The final pics are from tonight. Our town had its 25th Annual Christmas Tree Lighting. It's wonderful to live in a town where at a city sponsored event they are singing Christmas Carols and you can hear Jesus' name proclaimed over and over again!! Wow!

One of our dear friends, A, was the emcee for the event tonight. I wanted to take a pic of her to show Mom. Well, she saw me before I snapped the pic and was already saying hi to me in front of everyone! Again, the beauty of a small town, but not what you're looking for in front of so many people!

Here we are in front of the Christmas Tree, with our hats on, or we would both freeze, otherwise. I know that was a run-on sentence. Please forgive me!

Despite the many seizures I had tonight, the evening ended on a wonderful note. A friend of ours that was serving in Iraq last year met us at the tree lighting. He and his wife and their little girl, have sacrificed a lot for our country. So, he was recognized before everyone went home. I tried to snap a picture and was too slow. It was a special time, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment