And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, October 26, 2009

Waiting and Prayer

We are coming to you late in the day to ask for more prayer from all our faithful prayer warriors. M has had a really tough week. Tough in that for the week, she has accounted for nearly a third of the total number of seizures she has experienced in this month of October. Today, has particularly seemed rougher than usual as she has had nearly 10 seizures so far (avg about 1 every 2 hours if not sooner).

Anyway, we are asking for your prayers. When will this be over? When will these seizures go away? Today's sermon from Matt was on Waiting. Wow...What a hard thing to often do. But the main point was Waiting and being in God's will. The lesson came from 2 Samuel after Saul had been killed. It was now time for David to take his place on the throne over Jerusalem. But before David proceeded he inquired of the Lord first. "Shall I go up?" asks David. The Lord replies "Yes!" Next, David asks to where, and the Lord tells him exactly where. You see, David had plenty of times from the moment he was anointed king by Samuel to take his throne, and yet he waited until the Lord told him it was his time.

M has been waiting. She has been more than amazing at enduring. And yet with days and weeks like we have just experienced, the waiting gets somewhat tough. So please lift M up right now. Pray for her strength and endurance. Pray for our wisdom as we continue to work through each day on the diet and medication.

1 comment:

  1. Her strength always amazes me. I pray she has some relief soon. She's constantly on my mind, and always in my prayers....

    ReplyDelete