And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Update from Connor's Mommy

"Did I arrange the light of your first day?
Did I create the rhythm your heart makes?
Could you believe when your candle starts to fade?
I want to be the One that you believe
Could take it all away, take your heart away

Was I there for the worst of all your pain?
And was I there when your blue skies ran away?
Was I there when the rains were flooding you off your feet?
Those were My tears falling down for you, falling down for you

I'm the One that you've been looking for
I'm the One that you've been waiting for
I've had My eyes on you ever since you were born
I will love you after the rain falls down
I will love you after the sun goes out
I'll have My eyes on you after the world is no more"

I was listening to this song when I was running last Friday on Connor's birthday. I couldn't help but think of Connor. The words of this song "After the World" by Disciple just rang so true for me. God arranged for the light of Connor's first day. He created the rhythm that his heart made. He was there for Connor when the sun set on Connor's little life on earth and He'll be there for him when this world is no more.

I know that for all of us, God has a purpose. For some of us, we will have to live a long life to fulfill that purpose. For others, like Connor, our purpose doesn't require a long life.

In Sunday School, our teacher was talking about Jesus' purpose on earth. His ministry started at the age of 30 and he had about 3 1/2 years until his death on the cross and resurrection to complete his purpose on earth. He had to pack a whole life of ministry into 3 1/2 years. I never really thought about how much He accomplished in such a SHORT time.

Our teacher also mentioned how John the Baptist was always preparing the way for the Messiah in his messages to the crowds that followed his teachings. At one point, he introduced Jesus to the crowd of people and baptized Him. God spoke to the crowd at this time, announcing that Jesus was his son. Shortly after, John was imprisoned and executed. He had fulfilled his purpose of leading the way for Jesus.

When I think of Connor, I know that God fashioned him in my womb 9 years ago and He had a plan for him before time began. God had a plan and a purpose for Connor and he carried out his purpose in such an outstanding way. I can just imagine God saying to him, "You got your job done, so you get to come HOME early."

I ask myself today "How well am I carrying out His purpose in my life?" Will I have just a few short years to carry out my purpose or will I have a long life to pursue this? Either way, I want to do my job well, just like Connor.

Always believing,
Joy Cruse

No comments:

Post a Comment