And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Why?

I'll start this post by asking you to please say a prayer. First, Praise the Lord that He is so good. Then, our next prayer is for miraculous healing! We believe it can happen and we're ready.

This week was wonderful. I only had three seizures in eight days!!! I wish I could explain the energy that comes from not having seizures (not to mention the overall relief). I believe I've mentioned it before, but they found through EKG that each seizure puts the strain on my heart equivalent to that of running a marathon (now if only I had a marathon runner's body)!

Then, today happened...it is 11pm and I've already had six seizures today. I just don't get it. So, again, let's be praying for the miracle!!!

I've had the Lord reveal some amazing things to me this week and I hope you'll enjoy the lessons, too.

Anytime, I have read in the Bible about epilepsy or seizures, the reference is to someone being demon possessed:
While he was still approaching, the demon slammed him to the ground and threw him into a convulsion. But Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, and healed the boy and gave him back to his father.
Luke 9:42

I have struggled with this as I know that I have the Holy Spirit in me. Therefore, there is no room for Satan or his demons. Yet, I could not figure out why in the world we have been walking this road for 3.5 years.

Through this journey, I was introduced (by e-mail) to a friend in California that had epilepsy most of her life. She was able to have surgery and is doing very well now. Praise the LORD!!! She has been a precious friend through all of this through encouraging cards, e-mails, etc. She came to Texas last week and we got to meet for the first time. Before they left, I pulled her aside and told her the one thing that bothers me most...that when epilepsy is mentioned in the Bible, the reference is to evil spirits. She agreed that she had similarly struggled. The prayer was for the Lord to reveal the purpose behind all of this.

I woke up the next morning and got in the Word! The title was Displaying God's Glory and this was the scripture:

“Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life” (John 9:3, NIV).

Basically, Jesus’ disciples assumed it was the result of sin. Jesus quickly corrected their misunderstanding with the statement above from John 9:3. God’s intention to display his glory in this man was planned before the man was born.

No one had ever heard of a person who was born blind being given sight. So, when Jesus healed him, it would be clear that the miracle was something only God could do. The Pharisees questioned the miracle. The man himself was transformed. His life became a megaphone proclaiming what God can do.

God has a purpose for each one of us. Your whole life has been planned and prepared to be a series of opportunities for God’s work to be displayed.

Short comings and handicaps are all suitable circumstances for God’s power to be revealed in your life. Musical talents, academic ability, technical aptitude, creative potential when used for God are also ways God exhibits his glory through your life.

It's worth it to read the rest of John 9.

So, this was a precious encouragement to me on Wednesday morning that God does have a plan in all of this and it is for HIM to be glorified!! Thursday, I went to Bible Study and shared how precious it was this week to learn this about the Lord (and epilepsy). Then, we watch the video for this week's lesson. Would you believe that she taught on John 9 & 10? Wow! So, more reinforcement from the Lord!

It was also a great week since the seizures were at an all time low. Then, I opened up my Quiet Time for today and the title was, "My Struggles are About Him."

What about your struggles? Is there any chance, any possibility, that you have been selected to struggle for God’s glory? Have you “been granted for Christ’s sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake” (Philippians 1:29)?

Here is a clue. Do your prayers seem to be unanswered? What you request and what you receive aren’t matching up? Don’t think God is not listening. Indeed he is. He may have higher plans.

So, it sure seems as if the Lord is trying to make a point to me over the last few days.

Will you continue to pray with us that the Lord is made known through this and that HE is glorified?!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post! YOu spoke right to me! Although my struggles have not been anything like you have been going through, I am tired and feel that for whatever reason our prayers are not being answered! Sometimes we need to be reminded that we are here for His glory and not ours! You are certainly being used! Keep the faith girl God is using you and has great plans for your life!!

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete