And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sunday

I'm typing this Monday night, while getting an awesome foot rub from my hubby. So, if this reads as if I'm dosing off or super relaxed...I am!!!

Well, this was the final day of our super fun Anniversary Trip! We originally had plans to stay at the Hampton because it was one of the only places that had availability. However, the day before we left, we called to confirm that the Hampton had the fridge in our room for all of my food. They didn't and couldn't provide it without moving us to a special suite ($$$$$$). So, B checked to see if the Hilton had any openings. Turns out that they did and it was a better deal than the original one at the Hampton.

As we were falling asleep Thursday night, he remembered that our first date was going to Military Ball at the Hilton in February 2002. He says it wasn't really our first date, he was just taking a friend to Military Ball. However, when we tell the truth, we both fell for each other that night.

B loves to dance and I had just broken my toe by falling UP my stairs. Yes, up...it takes the skill of a great clutz to actually fall up the stairs. Anyway, I had a broken toe when he asked me and was in one of those really cute blue orthopedic shoes (it just doesn't match many formals). I reminded him that I had a broken toe and he could ask someone else. He said, "no, I would be honored to take you." Wow!! This guy is already pretty cool!!!

So, if he was going to sacrifice his love of dancing, I had to make a sacrifice, too. Thus, I took a whole bunch of Ibuprofen that night, wrapped my toe really well, and put my broken toe in a pair of heels!! We danced the night away and had the time of our lives! I don't remember how many days it was before I could walk again and my pinky toe is still a bit crooked.

So, here we are 7.5 yrs later, standing in front of the ballroom where we had our first date!!!

Saturday night, I came down with a migraine. Regular Tylenol has Splenda in it, which is a seizure trigger. Most other pain relievers have ingredients in them that are contraindicated with the diet. So, we just went to a compounding pharmacy last week to get some acetaminophen that I can take while on this diet. Wouldn't you know, I left it at home. So, my amazing hubby found just the right ice pack and put me to bed. When we woke up to get ready for church, I still had this terrible headache. He got me more ice, kept taking care of me, and then found some medicine I could take...not too long after, the headache was gone and we were getting ready for church. This is just a small picture of how amazing he is...it's our anniversary and he could be upset that I don't feel well or just have me go to sleep. Instead, he found ice packs and medicine and tucked me in and made the room super dark.

We went to Grace Bible for church and had a wonderful time catching up with Brian & Tristie. Brian was the college minister while Ben was there and he is now the head pastor. Tristie came and did all of the "purity" talks for us in ASC (Aggie Sisters for Christ). We had the chance to just sit and talk with Brian for a while after the service. It was such special time. First, we learned that Tristie has been encountering some pretty serious health issues that are undiagnosed. Then, we got to hear the story of their children, adoption, etc. It had me crying and B giggling at how similar our stories are...amazing!!!

As we were leaving town, we stopped by Benjamin Knox's gallery and took a fun picture on the caboose that he has on site. His gallery is a re-creation of the old College Station Depot. Thus, the caboose....

Praise the Lord, Saturday and Sunday were seizure free days. That allowed us time to just focus on each other and have a wonderful time reliving old memories! What a blessed weekend!!! I can't believe I'm married to this incredible man!! Thank you, Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment