And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11th

This day marks quite an anniversary for our nation.

At the same time, it marks an anniversary for our family. This is the day that my husband declared that he would be a Cancer Survivor. Praise Jesus, it was/is true!

Three years ago today, the doctor told me that B had cancer and left the recovery room assuming B would take longer to come out of anesthesia. Instead, B woke up and asked me what had happened. It was at this point, that I fell more crazy in love with this man than I already was...if you'd believe it, that love just keeps on growing!!! You can read the link, to see his response when I had to tell him that he had cancer. He still amazes me.

I admire this man, that I get to stand next to every day, with all that is in me. I want to be like him when I grow up...His faith in the Lord is a daily lesson & a challenge for me. May you also be challenged by the man that he is and continues to be...

While praising the Lord today for B's continued healing, please stay in prayer for Little Nate and his healing. This is an update from his Mom:

"I thought I would send a brief update on Nate. Overall he is doing very well. He feels good enough to play with Jake and Luke everyday, go to their games, play outside and go to church most weeks. He has been more tired than usual this week. We were told this is to be expected after radiation. His balance and strength are not as good as they were a couple of weeks ago, but this can also be related to the radiation. Since I am back to work and we get out more now, I meet several people a week who have been praying for us through Nate's battle. It is so comforting to know how many people are praying. We are very blessed. Thank you for your continued prayers. We love you all!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment