And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Small Blessings

I am supposed to turn in my work car this week. Many times, the company will allow you to buy it at a reduced rate. With all of the driving B does for work, his truck doesn't seem like a great idea. So, we thought we could buy my work car to keep gas expenses lower.

We put in a request last week and finally got a call from them while in with the doc on Monday. The price was much higher than online quotes. So, we put in a call to clarify why the price was as such. The lady in charge is out of town for the rest of the week. However, her voice mail encourages you to call the Leasing company.

I called and spoke with a precious woman named Tisa. She asked for my vehicle #. I told her I needed to find the folder in the other room. I apologized for taking so long and told her I was a little disheveled as we had just gotten back from the doctor's office trying to determine if I needed brain surgery. The first words out of her mouth..."You've just got to have faith. Trust Him." I believe I followed it with an, "Amen, sister!" Those of you that know me well, know that putting all my trust in anything isn't me. My faith waivers. So, this was so precious to have someone I don't know encouraging me in my biggest weakness. She answered a few questions and began to transfer me to another department. Right before the transfer she said, "I will be believing for you." How absolutely amazing!! She may never know the impact that she had on my life today.

So, I called to find out about buying my work car and was reminded of all that Christ's blood bought for us!!

Thank you, Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. Now, is that van that you had for work a gas hog?..what a cool car, but what about something smaller, more fuel efficient. I hope it works and you get some GOOD NEWS very soon! Maybe you need to name your car.. that way no one else can own it, and the leasing people will just KNOW that it is YOUR CAR.

    I am so surprised about this possible upcoming brain surgery..I would have thought that they would try the less invasive procedure that you had mentioned before.

    My thoughts and prayers and with you..and say hi to Jack (that's what I named your van you used for work temporarily, until you give it a name for yourself). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out my new blog to be just like you both, lol! I still have a long way to go though! But what do you think? Kristiana

    ReplyDelete