And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Don't Speak Too Soon

Well, I learned a lesson yesterday:

Don't Speak Too Soon

Once I wrote yesterday's post about only having a few seizures a day (maybe 2-3), I had seven yesterday. This morning, before 7am, I have already had three. That makes it easy to get discouraged. So, please pray that I will still see the Lord's hand in this and recognize His will, since I have a tendency to get frustrated when I start to have more seizures.

The only real reason that we can see behind this is what they call a "honeymoon" period. We have found that any time we change the dose of my meds, I go a few days with 0-4 seizures. However, once I've made it to about the fourth or fifth day of the new dose, I start to have a bunch more. Then, I change the dose again (now that the doc is letting me decrease the dose by half a pill each week) and have fewer seizures for a few days. Then, the cycle begins again...So, tomorrow is the day that I decrease my dose again. Lord, please let the seizures decrease and stay low or gone!!!

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I will keep you in mind in my prayers! You are so strong....you will get through this. See each day as a new day, new life, new hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be praying for the frequency to drop to nothing!

    ReplyDelete