And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

The Fourth Watch

In the New Testament Gospels of Matthew, Mark, and John we are given an account of Jesus walking on the water.  This miracle came after Jesus had just served up an amazing feast to over 5,000 people.  I am reminded of a message by our Pastor that went into great detail of this miracle....




Jesus, having just finished a busy day of preaching sent his disciples out onto the sea in a boat.  As the disciples were midway through the sea, their boat was not able to make any progress because of the waves and a storm.  But, during the fourth watch, Jesus came walking to them on the water, and thinking they were seeing a ghost they cried out.  Jesus calmly said to them to not be afraid for it was Him.  They then received Jesus into their boat and the gospel of John says that immediately, they were on the other side of the sea.


I am reminded too, Princess has loved this passage and message that was brought to us by our pastor.  A key point to understand- Sometimes, being in the will of God means we might go through difficult times.  Jesus told His disciples to get into the boat and to go to the other side.  Doing what He told them to do, they obeyed.  Jesus knew they were going to struggle.  He knew there would be a storm, yet He told them to go and they obeyed (not fully understanding what lay ahead).  And so it was, the sea and water became a problem for them.  They became fearful, yet they were doing what the Messiah had told them to do.  But then....isn't that some of the best two words...But then, Jesus came to them walking on the water...walking on the very problem that had them scared.  And then, having received Him into their boat, they were immediately on the other side. 


Have you struggled with something God has called you to?  I know I have...I know we have....and it has been our constant trust in Jesus Christ that we are in His plan, and time and time again, He has calmed our fear and taken us to the other side!  God is sovereign....That means He is in control of ALL things! 


Now all this occurred in the fourth watch...sometime between 3-6 AM.  I title this post the Fourth Watch because just after 3 AM Princess was intubated, sedated, and put on the ventilator.  Since approximately 4 PM (now yesterday), for nearly a full 12 hours Princess has not stopped seizing.  She has been given so much Ativan (rescue drug) that I have lost count, she has been given additional drugs on top of that and still, she is still seizing.  Thus, the only thing left to do was to shut her down.  And this truly is what needed to happen.  Princess has not stopped thrashing about, hallucinating, and seizing literally all day.  And if I am honest, she has been having seizures non-stop since this past Thursday. 
.
So, here we are in our fourth watch of the night.  Princess and I have maybe had one hour of sleep, and now that she is medically out, I pray that the seizures will soon stop (as I type this, she is still seizing).  Though I am not fearful at this time, I am praying, like many of you that Jesus will come and take us immediately to the other side


Till my next post, continually praying! 


Pray for:
  • Seizures to stop
  • Since we are back in the same unit and floor as last time, that we might get our sweet "Angel Nurse," Sarah.
  • Princess' brain will be protected
  • Memory will be restored- very apparent that she has lost a lot of memory and cannot even recall her last hospitalization just two weeks ago.
  • Peace and renewed strength and faith for me.
  • Peace, understanding, protection for Critter.
  • Strength for the Mother-in-law, aka Princess' Mommy, aka, the Grandmother, aka, the Queen Mother (Hope that brings a smile to you M3)

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this, Ben...praying for God's strength for all and a Miracle for Meredith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear she is back in the hospital. I've been a little out of social media, aince my grandfather passed this last saturday.
    But as always my prayers are with y'all. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with Meredith as well as her family. My daughter has epilepsy so I know how difficult it is to watch our loved ones go through this. Please always remember the grace of our Lord is with you all. It is with His love and His promise that I continue to Embrace Hope. With sincere love, praise and hope, Susan Branin with Embracing Hope: Epilepsy Support & Awareness.

    ReplyDelete