And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Call to Me...And I will Answer You

Jeremiah 33:3 says, "Call to me and I will answer you, and tell you great and wondrous things."  Friends and prayer warriors, I was hit hard with the reality of God's goodness today.  After a wonderful visit with a dear friend and a brief moment to see and feel the sunshine today, I left after being ministered to and just walked through the hospital with my hands and arms outstretched, tears coming down and literally praising out loud the goodness of God.  Not at all because I deserve it, because I don't, but because that is just who He is.  I literally was just overwhelmed.

You have been the hands and feet for us these last few weeks.  You have carried our burden with you and have overwhelmingly encouraged me, The Grandmother, and I can only imagine the many others as we have all been interconnected through social media because of Jesus Christ. So again, thank you!

First, to truly get a feel for today, I would encourage you to read yesterday's post to get some great insight and perspective.  Additionally, if you have been reading our posts, I have tried to make it very clear that God has answered specific prayers and I stress that it is amazing to see God's hand answering specific requests.  From specific nurses, to conversations with doctors, to even Princess' healing...each one of you have had a part in this.  Simply, thank you for talking to God!  He loves it when we call upon His name.

Last night after our "encounter" and my decision to not go with the physician's recommendation; rather go with the Great Physician's recommendation, I was overwhelmed with a peace that did transcend understanding (Proverbs 3:5-6).  I continued to be through the night continually praying over my Princess.  Waking at 4 AM I overhead the nurses discussing Princess, and then learned that her Neurologist did check in at midnight and did confirm NO SEIZURES up to that point!  PRAISE JESUS!  This meant that from our conversation just literally 6.5 hours earlier that Princess had not had any seizures.  Oh taste and see the Lord is good.

Morning would come quickly and of course my mind began to race with question as to what has happened since midnight?  Each passing hour wondering and praying.  Several of you have also encouraged me to not give in to Satan and his attack to cause me to doubt.  I can honestly say that throughout the morning, I really felt like a target was on my back.

The morning would progress and after seeing an entourage of physicians, I had yet to have a consult with the Neurologist. So then I start to wonder is this good for bad?

11:00 the Neurologist walks in...

"Well, we're petty lucky.  She has not had seizure since 4 PM yesterday..."  

PRAISE JESUS!!!  PRAISE THE LORD!!!

So that was truly the best news I could have received!  I then felt that I needed to share some background with the Neurologist and so if you will oblige, I will give you a look in:

Dr X if I may, I believe you knew walking out of the room last night that I was not a fan of what you proposed.  When I did the math you were asking us to go up on a medication by 950% and to do that particular dose twice per day.  My wife has worked too hard to get to this point and frankly we have better control of her seizures today than we did at even higher doses that what you proposed.  Well, after you left last night, I was restless and had absolutely no peace about the direction we were going. Therefore, I began to pray to the Lord and ask God for direction.  It was then I felt that He was leading me to not give my wife the medicine, rather give her more time to rest.  You see, we believe as the Bible teaches, to seek the Lord first and that is what I needed to do last night.  As well, our mantra, our family's life verse in the Bible says to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do lean on your own understanding; in all you ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.  And so that is how I arrived at my decision to block the meds.  Now, I realize that just as I need to trust the Lord, that He has created you for this moment and for you to take care of my wife.  Therefore, I also need to trust you.  For this is what you were created for.  So I am looking at trusting the Lord and trusting you for your God-given wisdom.  However, in seeking the Lord first, He made it clear to me to not move forward the medicine.

And with that the rest of our day was set.  Today was indeed a day to rest and continue to pray that Princess would remain seizure free.  And as am about to post, Princess has in fact been seizure free now for 30 hours!!!  AMEN!

So gameplan... assuming that we did continue to be seizure free today we would look to begin reducing the sedation tomorrow.  The Neurologist is still concerned that Princess will have seizures, so therefore we know how we need to pray.  The wean could take all day, and could take up to two days just because of how much medicine has been pumped into her little frame.  And however long it takes, that's okay.  Tomorrow, I may get to see my Princess again, and oh, the stories, the messages, the prayers that we will get to share with her.

So, today, Call to Jesus and He will answer you.  It may not be what the answer you want, know that He who began a good work in you will see it through to completion.  The He has good plans for you.  Nothing to hurt you.  Plans for a hope and a future.  What wonderful news!

Please pray:


  • Princess will come out of sedation easily
  • Princess will have no seizures as they bring her back 
  • We will have clear direction as to her rehab and what we will need to do

1 comment:

  1. Prayers for your family. Praying for healing of Meredith.

    ReplyDelete