And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Update from Nate's Mommy

"Nate is three weeks post transplant this week and he continues to do well. He is getting a little stronger everyday. The test they did last week showed that Nate's bone marrow is now 100% Jake's, which was the goal. We were thrilled by this news. He still is not eating or drinking so he is getting all his nutrition by IV. We are really trying to encourage him to start taking things by mouth as this is important for his recovery and release. We are encouraged by his daily improvement and pray this transplant was the cure for Nate and for others in the future. Thank you for the continued prayers and love for our family. Much Love, Jackie"

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing that he is fully grafted in only 3 weeks. I cared for my brother after his BMT (from an unrelated donor) in 2007. He also had very severe mucositis and was a real trooper to get 3 Boost plus supplements down most days. It seemed at first that it was taking a long time for him to be able to swallow food, but once he healed enough to begin trying, he progressed really well and was able to meet the nutrition needs well within his hospital stay. By the time he was ready to leave the hospital, he was getting plenty of nutrition. I'm praying that it won't be long until Nate is also ready to eat!

    ReplyDelete