And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, January 28, 2010

From Connor's Mommy

Sorry I'm late posting this:

Friday, January 22, 2010


joy journal

At the start of a New Year, many of us look back at the previous year. Magazines tell us who were the most beautiful people, what were the best movies, TV shows and best songs of the last year. Newspapers tell us what were the most memorable stories of 2009.

"Neighborsgo" (a local newspaper) takes a look back and catches up with some of the most memorable people and their stories that they shared in their pages last year. Take a look at this story, written by David Alvey, a contributing writer to "Neighborsgo".


Connor Cruse, rest in peace - July 2009

"No disrespect to any of the celebrities who recently passed, but they did not impact my life nearly as much as one courageous 8-year-old boy.

I will not forget where I was when I heard Connor Cruse of Frisco, who was a student at Prestonwood Christian Academy in Plano, had gone home to be with Jesus, My first reaction was, "Praise the Lord!" Connor is free! Free of cancer. Free of pain and horrendous treatments and boring hospitals. Most importantly, Connor was fee of the earthly bonds that shackle us and weigh so heavy upon us.

Free of limitations. Free of mortality. Free to soar on wings like eagles. Free at last, praise God, Almighty, free at last!

Then a great wave of sadness washed over me. Not sadness for Connor. But sadness for our loss. Not just his immediate family and friends. But the whole mortal world! For those of you who never had the opportunity to meet Connor, it is impossible for me to convey what an incredible person he was.

When he checked into Children's Medical Center about 10 pm July 9, doctors said he had about 2 hours to live. Connor took his last mortal breath at 4:47 pm July 10.

In honor of Connor, TeamConnor will continue to raise awareness, support families, fund treatments and help find a cure for childhood cancer."

What a wonderful tribute to our son. Thanks, David.

As I look back over the last year and my life, I take stock of my trials and achievements. I pray that I live my life in such a way as Connor did - making a BOLD difference for CHRIST.


Always Believing,

Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment