And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, January 18, 2010

Prayers!!!

Calling all Prayer Warriors!!

Can we get all of you praying?

We leave on Wednesday for B to go to MD Anderson to get his scans to make sure he is still Cancer FREE!! Please, Lord!!! We will get the results on Friday.

We are meeting with my neurologist on Thursday for a follow-up visit. We have had great success with the Ketogenic Therapy for seizures. All Praise to the Lord, I have been able to reduce my meds dramatically and am having fewer seizures than I was on super high doses of meds! However, my doc sent me an e-mail last week that he didn't think he could continue treating me if I stayed on a dose this low (I am below what they consider to be therapeutic-so to them, it's like I'm not taking meds). So, we are praying for his heart to be changed and for him to recognize that the point of this therapy is that it helps your brain to heal so that you have fewer seizures and you are able to reduce your meds!!

Here's a quick look at the numbers:
Prior to diagnosis (on no meds), I averaged 350 seizures/month.
On super high & toxic doses of meds, I averaged 99 seizures/month.
On the keto therapy & very low doses of meds, I am averaging about 82 seizures/month.

So, I believe the Lord is healing me and we are seeing a difference!!!! Praise HIM!
Please pray for my docs heart and mind to recognize the difference that is being made and allow me to stay at the lower dosage.

Back to the good lookin' man that I get to share forever with...
As his wife, I am super nervous about his scans. I know I shouldn't be and I should just have faith. However, I am so crazy about him and want him to stay healthy and cancer FREE! So, please pray that the scans are all clear and he is cancer FREE forever!!

In other good news, he is finally eligible to apply for life insurance!!! WHOOP!! He has to be three years out from his last treatment to apply. We are hoping to get his medical completed this week and have insurance in place! Praise the LORD!!

While we are in Houston, we will be visiting two people that need prayer, too:

*A young women named Erin Scott (early 30s, Stage 4 colon cancer, 2 kiddos) that they have not given a chance of survival. Please pray for God to work some amazing miracles!!!
*A sweet little man, Peyton Dadd. He is now three weeks old and was born at barely 24 wks gestation. He is doing so well & the Lord is performing miracles day after day in his life!!

Thank you all for praying!

1 comment:

  1. I pray your hubby will still be cancer free. Thanks for the helpful info re: TSA on the ketogenic diet board. How are you feeling? Its so hard to deal with my daughters health issues with epilepsy and cerebral palsy. My faith is soooo dwelling down. How do you manage to move forward each day?

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete