And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Facebook & Fashion

I finally gave in...yep, I joined Facebook. I can't believe it. It's one of those things I said I wouldn't do and I did it!! It has been such a special blessing to find people that I haven't heard from or seen in years. People that have touched my life that I've never been able to tell. I have been overwhelmed by those that are in prayer for healing. Thank you all! We need a miracle as I'm still having a bunch of seizures each day!

One guy that was a few years ahead of me in high school said his Sunday School class has been praying for me for quite some time and he was excited to be able to share an update with them. Thus, I have been shedding a considerable amount of tears over the last few days, as well. I am so humbled that so many people are taking time out of their days to talk to the Lord on my behalf. Thank you!! May He bless you a thousand-fold!!

This weekend we have a party for B's office. The theme is American Idol. So, I intended to wear some Jason Castro dreads since last year's party was silly (70's Theme).

Yeah!! That's my baby!!!

Then, we got an e-mail from his boss saying it is Hollywood attire and gave us a description of what that means. Dread-head doesn't fit the category, it seems a bit more serious and glam. So, I started stressing since I can't just get in the car and drive to the store and buy a new dress and shoes.

I ran into a sweet friend at Kroger on Monday and she sent some adorable clothes over for me to try on yesterday. While I was waiting for B to bring those home, Mom actually came to pick me up and took me to lunch and then took me to Belk. I don't know that I've ever been there before, but B and I had been looking at a magazine trying to figure out Hollywood attire since my attire for this last year has basically been pajama pants, jeans, and hospital gowns, and saw that Belk had a more cost efficient version of a pretty dress a star had worn (if any of my teachers are reading this, sorry for the major run-on sentence there).

Anyway, we found two pretty dresses (that were very on sale!!!) and as we started to leave, I started to have a seizure. I handed the bag to Mom and tried to find a place to quickly lay down on the floor, out of the way. The lady that had been helping us immediately came over and began praying over me through the entire seizure. When it was over, she kept on...I hugged her to thank her (Mom and I were both sobbing babies at this point) and she kept on praying. Then, she made a pretty cool point when Mom told her we were praying for a miracle b/c the facts are that there is nothing the docs can do to treat these. She said, "those are the facts, but we know the TRUTH...by His wounds we are healed!!" Wow! She is also a part of a Belk prayer group that gets on the phone every morning and prays. So, they have added me to their prayer list. All this to say, shop at the Rockwall Belk!! Wow!!!

Then, we got back to the house and had a fashion show for B. I tried on all of the dresses I had purchased, the cute stuff the friend let me borrow, and then B found a dress hanging in the back of my closet and said he liked it the best! What? One of the dresses I got was long, red, and covers a good portion of my arms and covers my legs. Thus, covering up the fact that I haven't been able to work out in a super long time and I need a tan, like these guys are getting at Northpark Mall:

So cute!

So, I have no idea what I am going to wear this weekend. I need shoes for the dress, jewelry, etc. OH, and I need some hair!!!

For those that have also been praying for our sweet puppy, Hank, he is doing much better. We had to start him on Phenobarbital for his seizures a couple weeks ago. He hasn't had any seizures since he started the medicine! So, Praise the Lord, meds work for him! Isn't he so cute?

Just have to throw in a pic of my good lookin' hubby. I sure love this man:

Through this journey we've been on, people tell us to read Job. I've not done it because I "know" it's about suffering, yet bringing God glory. However, the other day, I felt the Lord telling me to stop being prideful and read a little deeper, that He had some fun for me in His word. This is what I found:

At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship and said:
"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
and naked I will depart.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised."

In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.

Job 1:20-22

May the Lord always get the glory, shaved head and all!!!

5 comments:

  1. I think it is so neat that the lady stopped and prayed for you! I would love to see pictures of your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...you made me cry in this one. It's strange how reading about Job's suffering can bring us so much joy! My prayer chain is praying for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mer;
    I pray for you daily as does our Christian "sheltie group"..and for Hank! You are beautiful no matter what you wear....if you need it I have a fox 'stole' you can borrow; that should complete it! Cathi Gorman

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was closer to help with some glam stuff...shoe size 7.5/8? and I have a stole as wear and some costume jewelry. Good luck in finding something to wear! You are in my thoughts and prayers and thank you for making my favorite good- looking cousin so happy!

    Kristiana

    ReplyDelete
  5. The prayers are awesome...God knows right when to encourage us, doesn't He?! The last few chapters in Job (38, 39, 40 and 41) are some of my favorites in the whole bible. I get chills hearing those words from the Lord and it feels so good being reminded that the He is in control, of big things, tiny things, our lives, everything.

    PS- your puppy is adorable!
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete