And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Can I get an "Amen?"

Praise the Lord, the last few days have been seizure free. B hasn't been feeling well. So, I guess it was a bit of a trade off. However, it was a blessing because it allowed me to do my best to take care of him. I'm trying to not keep count, but I think I'm somewhere near 3 or 4 days with no seizures. Thank you, Jesus! Thank you, prayer warriors!!

There have been two changes:

1. I have tried to pay closer attention to what I'm eating. I can't start the Ketogenic/Modified Atkins Diet until I officially meet with the dietitian. The one the doc wants me to meet with isn't available yet. However, we've done a bunch of research on our own and we're trying to institute much of it. We even found out from a local dietitian that shampoos, lotions, etc., can add too many carbs to the count for the day. We can't start the diet completely or we can cross some dangerous lines. So, we are hoping to be able to get in touch with the doc & dietitian soon.

2. The doc switched me to an Extended Release version of the med I'm on...many times through all of this, we have talked about the absorption issues. Thus, trying the IV meds, etc. However, the company just came out with an extended release version of my med. I started it on Wednesday. So, maybe it is allowing my body to keep a higher concentration of the med in my body at all times!

No matter what, we are so grateful! It is such a blessing to go a few days without seizures. Just the extra energy I have is unbelievable. It's amazing how much more I can accomplish.

Thank you all for your prayers!!! We need a miracle and it would be so nice if this was it!

Also, I am so proud of him and have to share...today in church, the sermon was about marriage and what a Biblical Marriage looks like. When our pastor was reading through vows, he stopped on the "in sickness and health part" and called out my hubby and said he felt he was a great example of this! I agree!! How cool that people can look at B and see vows being lived out daily! Makes me proud!!!

***********************
Now, I'll try to do some catch-ups with pics...

One of our sweet friends came over at the beginning of the year with her daughter. B pulled out his telescope from when he was a kiddo and took her precious little girl outside and taught her all about the solar system.

They had so much fun. When they were done B gave her his telescope! Isn't she adorable?

I believe that I mentioned a few weeks ago that one of our neighbors passed away, very young. Right now, they believe it was due to the flu. Some of our friends that live nearby are in Sunday School with them and went over to help one afternoon. So, I babysat their little girl, H, for a little bit. She had fun in her ballerina clothes playing with Hank & Rudder.


Finally, this weekend, my sweet friend, K, and her little (now grown up) girl, R, came out to visit! We got to go have lunch with Mom! I was there the day that R was born. It's so hard to believe that she is grown up.
In the next update, I'll try to show you the shelves that B put up in our hall closet...it's so impressive!!!

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for any and all seizure free days!!!! I pray the days without seizures will become the norm for you!!!

    And it brought tears to my eyes when I read about the pastor pointing at B as someone who takes "in sickness and in health" to heart.....it sounds like you both have done that. So much illness has bombarded your marriage and yet you have both relied on God to keep your marriage healthy. Truly amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete