And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hollywood

Well, we had a wonderful time at B's work party/awards banquet. The Lord was very gracious and I didn't have any seizures on Friday. Therefore, I had energy to be there and focus on my hubby!!

He did decide that he liked the red dress. So, I got to wear that one. He took me the night before to SteinMart and we found some shoes to match for $9.99 & some earrings for $14.99!! So, we were able to pull it all together quickly.

Our Mom's want to see pics. So, here are some pics of us Friday night!!

In the truck, pulling out of the driveway!

One more shot...

Sitting at our table.

I got very hungry that night. I'm allergic to tomatoes and the salad they served was covered in tomatoes, as was the entree. So, B went and spoke with the caterer to see if there was another option. She said, "absolutely." She came, grabbed my salad, and my plate, and told us that when they started serving dinner to tell them that she had my plate in the back. We just assumed she would bring out a salad with no tomatoes and I would get some of the tenderloin everyone else was having, but without the tomato-based sauce. Not so much. No salad ever came back and she brought me three spears of asparagus, half a red pepper, and some rice. So, I drank water!!! B was sweet and cut a few bites of meat out of the middle of his tenderloin for me so that I could have some protein. Such a sweetie!

Last year, he won the "Can do" award in the office. They told us it was the first time a Rookie had ever won the award. It has to do with your attitude, spirit, etc. It is voted on by the entire office. I'm so proud of my hubby. You can't win it two years in a row!!

This is B giving the award to this year's winner.


After that award, B had his Managing Partner stay up and called his wife up (Connor's parents)! He was able to speak of the amazing family that exists at Northwestern Mutual. Then, he presented them with a gift that is the schedule of everyone that was praying for Connor during his surgery. Do you each remember that day? Many of you wrote in and prayed for him. If you wrote me that you were praying, your name is in the book they were given...

Just a couple more pics for the Moms.


A kiss from my Prince!!!

6 comments:

  1. Cashie got the cutest smile and is saying "Party" as he's looking at yall's pics! He remembers you from yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad y'all were able to have a great night out together. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely beautiful....and what a sweet gift to give to Connor's parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. M, you look hot!!! ;) Love the Hollywood pics! So glad you were able to enjoy the evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just catching up....You look so beautiful in these pictures! I too am thankful you were able to just have a fun night and be there for your husband. How fun to dress up!? I haven't dressed up since prom, I feel like. ha.

    ReplyDelete