And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 68

Haylie update - Oct 29

We have had a whole week off of going to the hospital for chemo and it has been so good! Haylie has had more energy than before and felt so much better too. We were able to do a lot in the last few days. Friday she made it to the Bulldog Blitz at Brennen’s school and it was so wonderful to see her old teachers and school staff. I have so many pictures, I’ll have to post them tomorrow. Saturday we made it to church for the 2nd week in a row! Hallelujah!

Sunday was a very long day at Brennen’s baseball tournament, but it was a fun day. This was the first baseball game Haylie has been to since her diagnosis. It was a super early morning for us since we had an 8am game in Rockwall, which is an hour away. It was so awesome to get to see so many of our wonderful friends we have missed so much. I wish I had gotten a picture with more of y’all.
It worked out for us to run to our old church and see many of our old church friends. We are so thankful for so many of them who have prayed for us, encouraged us, and sent care packages to us while in the hospital. Getting to see friends and hug them made my heart full.

Haylie and Brennen were thrilled to also get to see old friends. The tournament didn’t go as planned, but it worked out for us to get to visit with sweet friends, so all was not lost. It made it even better when we found out the championship game started after 9pm. 😳 No thank you on a school night that we had been up since 5:45am.

Today has been a big day for Haylie. She decided it was time to shave her head. She had a few strands of hair that didn’t fall out, and her hair has started growing back and it was all different lengths so she had me cut it so it would all be the same. I have to say, even though there wasn’t much hair to cut, it was still hard to take the clippers and shave my daughters head. It’s just one of those things I never thought I would have to do. She was such a champ and it didn’t seem to bother her much at all. I really am inspired by her resilience.

Today we also moved her bed back to her room and she will sleep in her own bed, in her own room for the first time in 5 months. It’s hard to believe it has been that long. A month in the hospital and 4 months on her mattress on our floor. She was a little reluctant to go, but I think it is best for all of us.
Tomorrow we head back to the hospital to start another round of chemo. Agh. I just want her to still feel good for her birthday this week. We still appreciate everyone’s prayers. God is so good and continues to go before us and fight this battle.
#HealingForHaylie




Back in her room!

We were exhausted and this is what I found last night.

First baseball game back to cheer on the 9U Bobcats.

It was a long and exhausting day for both Peanut and Haylie.

Best friends since preschool.

Haylie and Morgan - birthday buddies. Haylie is actually a few hours older. 😂

So much fun with her sweet friend Ashley.

No comments:

Post a Comment