And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Rock

Rock...


What comes to mind.  Something firm or solid? Something jagged or rough? A giant boulder?


I ask myself this and as I might have already shared, this most recent hospitalization was different.  Last year, for comparison, was totally unique and nothing like we had ever experienced.  This time was the same, unique and nothing like we have ever experienced.  For some reason, I personally felt stronger last time faced with a life or death situation.  Praise God for His strength!  This time, it was different.  While maybe our situation wasn't life or death, suddenly fear began to set in about what was to lie ahead- what is Princess seized every 10 or 15 minutes and we couldn't stop it.  What would our home life look like? What would the balance of faith, family, work look like? I suddenly became very overwhelmed and could feel myself mentally shutting down and become very narrow focused.


But God....


Two of the most amazing words that we do see time and time again in the Bible.  But God, turned it around and His Word filled my mind and heart.  Psalm 40 began to speak to me almost out loud this morning. 


I waited patiently for the Lord;
    he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
    out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
    and gave me a firm place to stand.



Oh how good!  In the moment of our distress the Lord heard my cry.  We're called to trust Him no matter what.  In the good times and the bad, I will still trust in You!  In in the stillness (irony as Princess' seizures did not allow for stillness yesterday) the Lord heard my cry and put a peace in my soul that said, "I've got this..."  And it was then and there my feet were on Rock.  HE gave me a firm place to stand!

So as for today, we were discharged from the hospital late this morning.  This allowed for us to get Princess to her Neurologist to disconnect her ambulatory EEG and have them begin downloading and interpreting the data.  Nearly 100 "push button" events (seizures that we marked) were noted in the nearly 48 hours of wearing the EEG.  Literally, Princess would seize nearly every 10 minutes or so yesterday, this even after taking a dose of a rescue drug.  It is interesting to note that though she was seizing so frequently, the rescue drug did actually slow things down a tad and even allowed Princess to become more coherent.

Today, has been slightly better.  She seemed to rest last night and then didn't have nearly as many or at least the frequency compared to yesterday.  While we're still not out of the woods, it is comforting to see that things have slowed and we're prayerful that the current trend will continue and she will be back to where she was just a week or so ago. 

Thank you for your encouragement.  I am grateful for those that have encouraged me with scripture and brought specific verses to mind!  Thank you! 

Please pray for:
  • Princess' healing and for these seizures to stop
  • each day will be better than the day before
  • God will reveal His plan and purpose for Princess in this
  • Wisdom on direction to go with treatment
    • We're nearly completely off of all pharmaceuticals
  • Protection of Princess' brain and body through all this

No comments:

Post a Comment