And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

New York Bound....

Praise the Lord!

We received correspondence this morning that plans would not materialize to get us to New York.  The physician in New York needs to have one more conversation with our Attending Physician here (Texas) and then the admissions process should proceed.  Thank you for your continued prayers!

Prayer Requests:

  • New York and Texas Physicians can communicate quickly
  • Insurance will rapidly expedite the approval for the medical transport that is in place
  • Safety for the flight crew
  • timing...God's not man's
  • Healing for Princess

Obviously, when we desire something- no matter the need, the want, or desire- we often times are trying to achieve or acquire that something on our own timeline.  I was really convicted last night in reflecting upon the hustle and bustle of yesterday that I was not waiting patiently on God.  My prayer yesterday was "God, your timing, your direction...." and what did I do? Well, I didn't exactly wait patiently.  I fretted, I hurried, I was really frantic.  I tried to make things happen on my own, and was probably even annoying to all who have been involved.  And finally, when the afternoon came and the sun had gone down, there was no more that I could do, God tapped me on the shoulder as if a Father to say to His child, "Now, let me do what I told you I can do..."  

Ouch!  I am thankful for God's word that says "I have good plans for you....nothing to hurt you, but plans for a hope and a future."  I am thankful for the reminder of Philippians 4:6-7 that says "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request before God.  And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your HEARTS and you MIND in Christ Jesus."  

Oh, how foolish of me.  Was I anxious?  Sure!  Was it legitimate for me to be so concerned?  Yes, absolutely!  Well then, do I trust God?  yes.  Do I trust God? Yes.  Do I trust God?  YES!!!  So then, was I seeking Him first, and His righteousness?  

Finally, as many of you probably have experienced a time or two, I think one of the reasons God gives us children is so that we can be reminded about what it means to have a child-like faith.  Critter is incredible at giving us those "Jesus in tennis shoes" examples and fleshing out our faith.  Since early on, Proverbs 3:5-6 has been a part of her life, much like it has been for our marriage, my parents, and even my grandparents.  It has been a legacy, a spiritual inheritance that has been passed down from generation to generation.  This morning as I had the opportunity to say "good morning" to Critter, I shared with her my confession to God this morning of not waiting, not trusting.  But more importantly, I took her back to Proverbs 3:5, "Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart..."  and then I reminded her of Philippians 4:6-7 to which she said, "Daddy, I was thinking and singing that verse yesterday, too."  Oh what a great reminder!  Thank you, God!

I will keep you posted as the day progresses and will look forward to sharing more about all the God is orchestrating.  Thanks for your prayers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment