And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, January 13, 2014

Just what we need...

Most of you have seen our silly quote at the top of the page about God not giving us more than we can handle.  As we clearly know, God definitely gives us more than we can handle so that we will rely on HIM!  However, he knows exactly what we need and when we need it.
 
And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever. Amen.  Philippians 4:19-20

 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat, or about your body, what you will wear. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. Consider the ravens: the neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!"  Luke 12:22-24

"So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today's trouble is enough for today."  Matthew 6:34


So, that takes us to today!  In the last four days, I have only had three seizures.  It was amazing because it gave me energy to care for B & P.   As scary as it was, I put her to bed each evening.  B wasn't able to touch her because of the flu and this was over the weekend.  Thus, Mom was in charge.  I did get to be a Mom for the first time in many ways.  It was a delight to hold my sweet baby girl!!!  Oh, how I loved it.

Then, came Monday.  Yes, Today.   Not a good day.  I woke up having had a few seizures.  Then, Ms C took us all to the store and as we were leaving the store, I had another one.  Then, when we got back home, I was talking to my Mom on the phone and had another really bad one to equal four in less than ten hours.  So, it's been tough to go from feeling like I was helping to feeling helpless. 

Ben is a bit better today.  He is still fighting a bad cough, but appears to be fever free.  So, to the point of the title, the Lord knew what we needed.  He allowed me to have a few good days so that I could care for my family when they needed me.  Thank you, Jesus!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment